Recent content by P.Dieter

1. P.Dieter

Scale(?) discharged from triangle tube tank

My cartridges (HW only)and aerator screens are clogging with what I assume is scale. The attached photo is what I pulled out of the hw side of the Roman tub filler. This seems to be a recent event and I swear it coincided with a fire dept response on our block. Any recommended course of action...
  2. P.Dieter

Dedicated Tankless for Commercial D/W

I just installed a dishwasher in our catering facility and pushed our existing elect. 40 gal hot water heater over the top (large 3 compartment sink and HE laundry also). We figured this would be the case. I was thinking I was just going to get a larger HW heater but then thought maybe just...
  3. P.Dieter

Bad Breaker?

electricity is magic...black magic ;)
  4. P.Dieter

Bad Breaker?

red and black didn't even disconnect these wires during the process. replaced the breaker and it worked fine (doesn't mean I did everything right, but it seemed to fix the problem)
  5. P.Dieter

Bad Breaker?

bad breaker it seems
  6. P.Dieter

Bad Breaker?

I just tidied up a 200amp service panel that's been fine for several months but the wires were a mess (unorganized and crowded). A double pole 30amp breaker on the dryer however tips immediately now. the common trip thingiy (bar) popped off and I noticed that only one side was...
  7. P.Dieter

Popping sound in new drywall @ stack

It was the ceiling nailer for the drywall up against the pipe....god bless the reciprocating saw. :) thanks though
  8. P.Dieter

Popping sound in new drywall @ stack

We just put up drywall today on the first floor covering the abs stack that has been open and in use from the second floor bathrooms for a year. I took a shower to wash off the drywall dust (cleaning up after the crew) and there is a loud (very) popping sound coming from the drywall right where...
  9. P.Dieter

Johnson T advice?

Terry redone with the 2" line to the sink but now another plumber suggest that the 90 to another San T is a real no no and it needs to be done as you described in #3. theseplumbersarekillingme. ;) ;)
  10. P.Dieter

contemporary p-trap odors?

it's baffling! (it's always good to get the bad puns out of the way before lunch)
  11. P.Dieter

Johnson T advice?

I'm afraid I don't know the difference. How's it configured (can't seem to google it up either)
  12. P.Dieter

Johnson T advice?

Thanks Terry I assume that I need to still have the cleanout above the cross and a vent up from there as well as a vent coming up from the sink T. And can I do the sink line in 1 1/2 abs since no DW?
  13. P.Dieter

Johnson T advice?

calif pilot, I don't know about wrong when it comes to plumbing but here's something from my county health folks Date: August 8, 2005 Decision No. 05-001 Subject: Dishwasher Drainage Discharge Piping and Airgap (Johnson Tee) Code / Section: 2003 UPC 807.4 Decision. The PVC extension of...
  14. P.Dieter

Johnson T advice?

In Seattle, where high loops don't give the inspectors the warm fuzzies I'm doing a kitchen w/ granite counters and I don't want the airgap on the counter and I don't care for filling the hole with a soap dispenser after final. So I'm back the the Johnson Tee (which I haven't installed in...
  15. P.Dieter

Inspection Catch 22?

Yet the case in point is that the luxury fixtures of Roman tub fillers w/handshower attachements are all not PB. In fact as far as I can tell there is no deck mount tub filler w/handshower made that is PB.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks