Recent content by owkaye

1. owkaye

Is 1/2 inch PEX okay for a typical urinal flush valve?

My understanding is that when the plumbing does not supply enough volume the flush valve won't work properly. Was I wrong about this? Are you suggesting that 1/2 inch PEX will work fine with the spec'd flush valve?
  2. owkaye

I have the room but I don't think I want to do this. I'm running one-inch PVC around the house perimeter anyways for cold water hose bibs -- separate from the PEX. I'm sure I can more easily (and cheaply) tee off this line at the urinal bath to provide the volume needed for the urinal. Thanks.
  3. owkaye

Using 1/2 PEX throughout the house. New construction. Installing this urinal Maybrook-.5-1.0-gpf-urinal-washout-action Will 1/2 inch PEX provide enough water volume for this valve Exposed-Manual-Top-Spud-Urinal-1-0-gpf-Flush-Valve
  4. owkaye

GE 5KC39BG condenser motor replacement?

Hi Rat, Thanks again for the helpful information. Since you don't seem to think that a ball bearing motor will last any longer than a sleeve bearing motor in this application, I guess I will go with one of the sleeve bearing motors I found online for less than $60 -- and save myself about...
  5. owkaye

I just did a google search for "fasco D917" and came up with other suppliers offering lower prices for this motor, so I guess "AZ Partsmaster" is not the only place to get one ... but I certainly appreciate the part number and manufacturer's name so I could research other sources. I'm still...
  6. owkaye

Thanks for this information, Rat, and thanks for the cross reference and link to the FASCO motor, too. Before you posted your last message I found a motor at Grainger that appears to be a suitable replacement motor. Not only is it a little cheaper than the FASCO motor but it also has ball...
  7. owkaye

It's hard to say. I just bought the house a couple months ago. I was told that the Rheem furnace was installed first, then the a/c unit was added years later ... but there are no labels on the condenser so I don't know if it's a Rheem condenser or some other brand.
  8. owkaye

Greetings, I have a GE 5KC39BG condenser motor that has "gone bad". For a day or two I heard squeaking (like metal on metal) occasionally, then after a few minutes the sound disappeared. This made me suspect that the bearings had dried up, so today I opened the motor with the intention of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks