Recent content by Ottawa97tj

1. Ottawa97tj

Should I seal or not

Also could point me to the Schluter video that takes you through the steps for a tub surround, I tried looking through the site and only found a shower stall installation.
  2. Ottawa97tj

Should I seal or not

Darn looks like I have some rework to do, thank goodness I didn't start tiling. Unfortunately the Kerdi board is just butted up to the top of the flange biggest gap I would estimate at less then an 1/8. All my seams and fastners have been Kerdi banded. I put Kerdi Fix between the Kerdi board and...
  3. Ottawa97tj

Should I seal or not

Darn, yeah it's already up, I have access to the back of two of the walls and will install blocking, the one wall is an outside wall (opposite the shower head) so am out of luck with that one, thanks for the tips.
  4. Ottawa97tj

Should I seal or not

Should I seal the gap between the Kerdi board and tub flange? If I do should I use Silicone or Kerdi Fix?
  5. Ottawa97tj

Bathroom conversion

Here are some pictures Once the runs goes horizontal there is a 3 inch San Tee that is the main vent stack that goes through the roof, attached with a San Tee to this stack above the horizontal run is a 1.5 inch Sink waste. On the continuing on the horizontal run is a 3 Inch Y that is for the...
  6. Ottawa97tj

Bathroom conversion

So, previous owners converted 2 bathrooms on the top floor to one main bathroom, due to some water damage I needed to gut the washroom, since it is gutted and I don't trust the plumbing I figured I would convert it back into two bathrooms, I have been trying to figure out how the builder would...
  7. Ottawa97tj

Question about adding a new sink to my basement using existing line.

Hang in there a pro will confirm soon but from what I understand you can't do it the vent would have to be above the highest fixture in the line, if nothing is above the kitchen sink then the vent would have to tie in there
  8. Ottawa97tj

Basement laundry room plumbing

Thanks for all the comments, it's appreciated, I hopefully I understood everything, this is what I came up with. Three questions 1. Fitting A on the diagram, can that be fitted at an angle, so the top outlet is at a 45 degree angle? I would then have another 45 to line it up with the other...
  9. Ottawa97tj

Pretty sure unless I am reading it completely wrong that here in Ontario Canada a washer stand pipe can be 1 1/2", this is from the Ontario Code
  10. Ottawa97tj

Jadnashua, it's hard to tell from a diagram but that Wye is supposed to be horizontal so there is no downturn, just sloped to the stack. I could place a double Y on the horizontal as well if that would work if not I guess I will just vent them separately and join them up above the tub and...
  11. Ottawa97tj

in place of the 2' x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 Y could i put a double Y and use the middle one as the vent for both traps or do I need to have a vent per trap
  12. Ottawa97tj

Hey all, great site been lurking for a while. Want to make sure this will work before plumbing it. I live in Ontario Canada, Planning on putting a washer and Laundry sink into the basement. The main stack is about 10' away from where I plan on putting the washer and Laundry tub, I plan on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks