Recent content by onezee20

1. onezee20

Lead tub drain

Here's what I have done if the lead is 1-1/2" I have cut a 1-1/2" piece off of a 1-1/2" brass flanged tail piece.Cut off the 1-1/2" from the flange side.Then bang it in gently inside the piece of lead. Then you can use an 1-1/2" No-HUB band to go from the lead to the pvc. The band will...
  2. onezee20

Radiator is filling up with water?

Either your return is clogged or your water feeder is sticking and overfilling the boiler causing the lines to be filled with water.
  3. onezee20

Tub Repair

Call a bathtub refinisher that fixes chips. He will be able to get or tint the color you need. I could tell you how to do it but it would be cheaper to call someone.
  4. onezee20

Tom are you in brooklyn NY

Tom are you in brooklyn NY
  5. onezee20

Painting Uponor Pex?

Painting voids the warranty
  6. onezee20

tub/shower surround

You can contact BCI(google it) and buy an acrylic wall surround.
  7. onezee20

Intermittent low shower pressure after installing new mixer

shower head Take off the showerhead and see if there is dirt or something in it that might be clogging it.
  8. onezee20

Replace tub or refinish?

I have to disagree I have been a plumber for 29+ years and have put in steel tubs in high rise buildings in NYC and problems with them are few. I have been refinishing tubs for the last 7 years(started out as a hobby and now is part of my business). There are cheap and quality steel tubs...
  9. onezee20

Replace tub or refinish?

If you want to see some of my before and after pictures go to craigslist denver and type in bathtub refinishing in the skilled trade area.
  10. onezee20

Advertising

I searched advertising and did not come up with anything specific . Does anyone have any good ideas for advertising. I have door hangers and every job I do I hang 25 hangers an have the customers address on them so they can ask if I did a good job or not. Ray
  11. onezee20

Replace tub or refinish?

Bathtub refinishing I ALSO REFINISH BATHTUBS. I give a 5 year warranty and if you take care of it you could get 10 to 15 years out of it. Its all in the prep work. If the refinisher is out in an hour he left something out. The best time I ever had on a tub was 2hrs 15 min. and that was...
  12. onezee20

Basement Plumbing

thanks Jim I got it. Ray
  13. onezee20

Unions. Yes or NO?

Union Member I was/am a union member in NYC.Our package was $86 per hour.You had to produce or you wwould get laid off. There were not many slackers.A fair days work for a fair days pay. The best medical benefits around.Vacation,holidaypay and sick days.It was a great job and the bosses and...
  14. onezee20

Basement Plumbing

How to I make a post? Thanks Jimbo How do I start a post for my own Questions?
  15. onezee20

Basement Plumbing

New to Forum HI Guys I am new to the forum and did not know how to create a new post. First, I agree that you should start from scratch.I would cut all that out and do it over. Second ,My name is Ray Lopez,Licensed Master Plumber and Licensed Contractor from Denver Colorado. I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks