Recent content by onealmr

1. onealmr

Ultra Low NOx?

If not the BFG, go with the upper model of the Energy Smart Gas (SG).
  2. onealmr

Calling all professionals - What is the best, most reliable water heater available?

I'd go with Whirlpool. Excellent heater, great customer support, and best warranty on the market.
  3. onealmr

Whirlpool Water Heaters

Then please tell me WHY are other makers going to start producing their Flame-trap vents on the bottom???? Water heaters, like my Mitsubishi Evolution VIII (if you have to ask what that is, then you need to do your homework), requires maintenance. It takes me less than 2 minutes to clean the...
  4. onealmr

Whirlpool Water Heaters

You are a born idiot.... Smith or State that stand behind the warranty?? No duh.... because Whirlpool belongs to AO-Smith and State is also a manufacture of them... Good job there you...you may now wear your Dunce cap and sit in the corner.
  5. onealmr

Anode Rod Removal

If it is a whirlpool, then it will void your warranty. Call customer support and tell them you need the KA-90 Anode rod but don't tell them you removed it.
  6. onealmr

Ultra Low NOx?

Ultra-Low nox is only sold in Southern California. Outside of that area, and you probably don't need one. Just go with a BFG heater from Lowe's.
  7. onealmr

Thermostat replacement

It sounds like you have a FG water heater and have bought a BFG gas valve. I assume you have the conversion kit. On the door manifold, you'll see the white, round assembly with the 2 metal prongs. Remove the adapter piece nor will you use the 2-10" white wires. The conversion kit gives you a...
  8. onealmr

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

It's not going to be the T/Couple. It's going to be the G/Valve. Let me spell that out just so you're not confused...... it's going to be the gas valve. The t/couple is protected by the thermal switch. I recommend you clean the ft-vent at least twice a year. Go through Whirlpool to get the...
  9. onealmr

Whirlpool Water Heaters

Reimbursed for what? The lawsuit was for a non-monetary gain. It was a lawsuit because the T/couple kept breaking. It kept breaking because the chamber kept overheating. It kept overheating because civilians would not keep the Flame-trap vent cleaned off. Twice a year is all that should be...
  10. onealmr

Whirlpool Water Heaters

AO Smith is with State Water Heater and American Water Heaters.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks