Recent content by ojmisc

1. O

A/C airflow problems??

Thanks Mikey. I guess I'll bug Trane first. I've done a lot of DIY stuff but in this case I'm just not sure what to do. I've done the cheapest things first and progressed on - filter changed, looked for any type of obvious leaks/blockages, had ducts cleaned, had air handler removed and cleaned...
  2. O

A/C airflow problems??

How does one find a good design HVAC person? The salesmen that have come over only want to sell me something new. What's a good "key word" to look for in the yellow pages when I'm searching for this HVAC design tech?
  3. O

A/C airflow problems??

Most if not all of the supply vents being used in the basement level have been closed. Essentially I'm trying to cool only the main living area - 1500 sq ft with a 3 ton system. How does putting in a bigger system - say 4 ton - change the amount of air that is output - through the system...
  4. O

A/C airflow problems??

The house is roughly 30x50 two levels - basement and main living space - HVAC is center in the middle. Most of the vents have been closed in the basement. The house had a fire back in 95 and was rebuilt professionally - all HVAC components including airways were updated. The house built in 1956...
  5. O

A/C airflow problems??

I've got a 3 ton Trane a/c unit that produces about 20 degrees difference from return to supply. I measured this by inserting a thermometer at the return and then setting same thermometer into the various supplies throughout the house. Once my A/C system comes on it basically stays on till...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks