Recent content by Offsite

1. O

Attenuating HW Recirc Pump Noise

We recently had a hot water recirculation pump (Taco 008-BF6) reinstalled in our HVAC closet as part of a major HVAC / DHW system redesign. OLD SYSTEM (Tank type DHW heater) In the old system, the pump cartridge was mounted vertically. The pump was suspended at the base of the DHW heater...
  2. O

Trane A/C System Capacity Reduction

Thanks for the reply, tray... it helps us see we are on the right track. We bought this 2nd floor unit new in 2006. The 5 ton HVAC system was already in place. The builder used the same 5 ton spec in all units. It was probably needed for the 3rd (top) floor units (2500 ft-sq) because they...
  3. O

Thanks, DonL, I'll definitely report back after things settle out... 73 -rb- PS: Edwards is a cool place... had cert training there in prep for some zero-g work at Wright-Patterson several lifetimes ago. Heads Up is an amazing technology, btw, I can only imagine what it's like to fly...
  4. O

Hi Jimbo, As usual, good and practical advice! Guess I'll swap the coil too, since you are correct that this is an R22 system. Btw, giving up on the Hydronic concept... again, you were right... it didn't pencil out in our environment. Thanks, again, Jimbo. -rb-
  5. O

Thanks, DonL, Yes, the switches are set to ramp the AC fan speed... but only ramps for a short while and then full speed. Also set the full speed down to the minimum that would avoid coil freezing up. We were living with the 'oversize' issue up to now because, here in SoCal, AC is not...
  6. O

Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence Boiler Use

Looking at a TT Prestige Excellence 110 Boiler with integral 14 gal indirect fired tank. The cold water temp here is about 70 degrees, so, the unit's capacity would exceed 5 GPM under some conditions. Has anyone installed this unit for Domestic Hot Water use. The site is a 3 BR home (2...
  7. O

My five year old Trane HVAC system includes an XV90 (UY100R9V4w) with a 5 ton Condenser (2TTB0060A) and coil (2TXCC060AC3HCA). It is oversized for my home. The A/C short cycles and humidity is not well controlled. Also, the ducts are too small for even the lowest A/C airflow setting and there...
  8. O

Humidity Control in Mild Climate - San Diego

Thank you! Thank you all for the thoughtful replies! We are on a peninsula between ocean and bay... so, most days, we do see higher outside humidity than one might otherwise expect. We were shooting for RH levels of 40 - 50%, but after reading your remarks, we now believe that 50% plus or...
  9. O

Humidity Control in Mild Climate - San Diego

Dana, et. al. I am hoping to have my existing Trane HVAC residential system replaced with one that can help control humidity better on days when humidity is high but temps are near or below the set point. There is not enough space in the 'furnace room' for a whole house dehumidifier to be...
  10. O

OK, when you start talking about 3rd order effects of parameters, that really make me want to...

OK, when you start talking about 3rd order effects of parameters, that really make me want to ask about my system and actually pay you for your advice!! Thank you for being here for the community, Dana! -rb-
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks