Recent content by obsidian97

1. O

Intermittent Hot Water

I wondered, but it seems like the heater would be hard pressed to go from luke-warm for 10 minutes solid, sit for 10 minutes, and then be piping hot for 10 minutes if it hadn't been running normally.
  2. O

Intermittent Hot Water

Hi all, We moved into the house less than a year ago, and recently (a few months back) replaced the 30 year old (amazingly) gas hot water heater with a new 55gal AO Smith gas model plus a cold water expansion tank. The issue we're seeing since then is that we occasionally get almost no...
  3. O

Destroyed Inside Flange Woes

Success... new flange is on. Sioux Cheif adjustable ABS 4" flange fits perfectly over the old pipe. Put some Silicon RTV down around the gap for a little extra insurance, and used a No Seep No. 10 wax ring with a horn. After all of that... the toilet still doesn't sit any more flush to the...
  4. O

Got my camera's battery charged back up and got home from work. Here's the pic. I removed the old 3" inside flange (it was beyond repair) with an inside pipe cutter just flush with the floor. I also *carefully* chipped out the rest of the inside flange from inside the waste pipe. The white...
  5. O

I don't need any more bounty hunters looking to kill me like the ones I sent out over the weekend to find the LGI. I knew I was in for trouble when the left closet bolt was joysticking around and the bowl was caulked down all the way around. I'm not where I can post a picture at the...
  6. O

Hi all, First post on this forum. I recently started replacing our basement toilet with a new American Standard and discovered that the "last guy in" (LGI) left a bit of a mess. From what I can gather, the LGI replaced the current toilet and discovered a problem with the original...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks