Recent content by Oberon

1. O

Replace or repair windows?

ayawi, There are no codes or laws that prohibit you from using either polycarbonate (Lexan) or acrylic (Plexiglas) or other plastics in your windows. Many people have done so in the past and many will do so in the future. There are some inherent problems with using plastics in windows...
  2. O

Patio Door, Low E glass vs Clear glass

Hi Lou, I do work in the window/glass industry primarily in the areas of quality, product development, and certification. I don't work for any particular window company, but I have worked directly with many different window companies. Thanks! jadnashua, Although there are...
  3. O

I would agree completely. One measure of a windows performance is "how comfortable" the room feels. Heat goes to cold. Nature likes balance. The colder the windows, the more uncomfortable it is to stand (or sit) close to them because they are drawinf heat from your body in an attempt to...
  4. O

good morning thegallery, LowE really does work. Some folks would suggest that LowE is simply a marketing ploy to get more money from the consummer, but as you have seen the addition of LowE in a dual pane window really does make a difference. As a general comparison, the interior glass...
  5. O

first post this is my first post to the forum, and it is long - sorry... There are two primary types of window coatings available - pyrolitic or hard coat - and soft or sputter coat. Softcoats are multi-layered coatings consisting of several different metallic oxides with silver as the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks