Recent content by oaomcg

1. oaomcg

Is my new faucet properly vented? Nope!

As far as i can tell the open sewer is the only violation. We run 2" to the santee, by code. -this is 2" but IPC apparently only requires 1.5" in a kitchen anyway The p-trap can be 1.5" - check The 90 where it goes vertical must be a long turn, not medium. -medium turn allowed by IPC on 2" or...
  2. oaomcg

After having my concerns blown off by the contractor yet again, I sent photos to the city inspectors office. They agreed that they missed the untrapped dishwasher drain and that it is wrong as it is. They will be contacting the the contractor and telling him to get it fixed for a reinspection...
  3. oaomcg

yeah colorado uses IPC so it looks like he's off the hook for at least part of it. the open line to the sewer is what really concerns me. it doesn't smell yet but i know it's just a matter of time.
  4. oaomcg

thank you very much for the corresponding codes. i really do appreciate all the help here. i noticed this was wrong right away and mentioned i didn't think it would pass an inspection. contractor said it's fine. i figured the inspector would set him straight and was pretty baffled when he...
  5. oaomcg

i will consider sharing once our project is done and i've rekeyed the locks. for now i'm just trying to get this corrected so we can be done with it.
  6. oaomcg

Thank you for your post. Brought these up with the contractor and he's basically shrugging his shoulders saying "it passed inspection". Any chance someone could cite the IPC codes that correspond to these points? -The 90 where it goes vertical must be a long turn, not medium. -There needs to...
  7. oaomcg

my instinct at the moment is to pull the dishwasher drain line out of that tube, run a high loop, and connect it to the disposal (after removing the plug), then just cap off that extra pipe. seems extremely easy. is this a functionally sufficient solution? would that be up to code? again, i am a...
  8. oaomcg

I will share some more photos but i will leave the inspectors name out of it for the time being.
  9. oaomcg

My contractor insists that it is supposed to be this way. The inspector looked in the cabinet for about 2 seconds before moving on. Looks like i'll be hiring a real plumber to come back and double check all this guys work.
  10. oaomcg

thanks for confirming what my gut/common sense told me. i'll be speaking with the contractor in the morning.
  11. oaomcg

Trap protrudes through vanity bottom

It looks like they didn't plan for the floor of the cabinet to be so far off the ground. It seems like an unusual vanity with such a large gap under it. Was it on site to measure before the rough in?
  12. oaomcg

I'll start by saying I know very little about plumbing. But what i do know tells me that this is totally wrong. Our new sink and dishwasher in our remodel were plumbed today. Everything works fine but the AAV installation is making me scratch my head. There is a branch in the AAV pipe that is...