Recent content by oak orchard

1. oak orchard

Inconsistent shower hot water

Hi ... The shower is delivering inconsistent water temps. Sometime its fine, sometimes it goes cold and has to be throttled up. The kitchen, utiliy and vanity DHW supply temps are not affected by this so I am assuming its not my boiler. I have a tank in tank Triangle Tube boiler driving heat...
  2. oak orchard

PEX or PVC - which is more sensitive to caulks, flashings and sealants

I presumed that O2 barrier PEX and PEX in general is more likely to be compromised by various VOC's and solvents in poly urethane, butyl, asphalt flashings, and and spray foams than PVC. But I am told by a plumber that PEX is much heartier than PVC.
  3. oak orchard

What cable, internet and tel distribution set up do I need ?

New all season cottage situation in Western NY (bewteen Buffalo/Rochester). We have run (1) a TV cable and (2) a telephone/internt cable to the cottage in the same trench as our underground electrical service conduit. We hope to have (1) land line telephone, (2) TV with multi-channel service...
  4. oak orchard

Remote alarm to call my phone if my Prestige 110 boiler shuts down ?

Thanks, kindly, all, for your recommendations and thoughts. I have to chew over the options now.
  5. oak orchard

I am in western NY in farming and cottage country where Verizon has reasonable service for mobiles and they have a flat basic monthly plan for $15 with $2/day for any days used. Suits a weekend visitor. During outages we retain some cellular service during power outages, no land lines or DSL...
  6. oak orchard

I considered an UPS (uninterrupted power supply) solution but then I realized that the temperature and power-off alarm will give me more reliability for protection over a broader range of problems. Plus, I am going to install the Triangle Tube fix-kit (for power sags which defeat the auto reset...
  7. oak orchard

One Prestige owner blogged on another site that he resolved the problem with a 24 hour cycle, power off/on timer. Preempted the problem by having his unit shut down for a few minutes every day, which apparently activates the reset when power is returned. But power outages are not uncommon during...
  8. oak orchard

My all-season cottage has a Prestige 110. In Dec 2012 it went into hard lock-out mode during a heavy nor-easter snow and wind storm. Apparently a power sag/brown-out (but not full interruption) results in a hard lock-out. It was fortunate I arrived from vacation to find the indoor temp to be 34F...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks