Recent content by NYCremodel

1. NYCremodel

Pipes in floor is OK?

Thanks for the reply Terry. So to clarify one last point... Would it fair to say that pipes in the floor do not inherently create a situation where something is more likely to be a post-renovation issue nor create a situation where a problem with the pipes are more difficult to maintain/fix...
  2. NYCremodel

Pipes in floor is OK?

A tenant in my building is proposing a renovation whereby the gas stove is moving to opposite side of the kitchen and essentially swapping places with their dishwasher/sink. Someone on the building board (who is a novice in construction/plumbing) who approves/denies renovation requests has...
  3. NYCremodel

Delayed drainage in shower

Every time I shower, water builds up on the shower floor for a few mins. I think it is draining very slow rather than not draining at all. Then about 3-5mins in, all the water goes at once and drain is able to keep up for the rest of the shower. The next day, or even just a couple hours...
  4. NYCremodel

bathroom sink plumbing

Originally plumber installed supply lines a few inches higher than drain. (and few inches wider) But then realized that the drain was too low to fit inside vanity. They raised the height of just the drain rough-in and the supply rough-in are same height they were. So the question is... is it...
  5. NYCremodel

Waterproofing a shower

Would like to get a few opinions. My contractor is building the shower with the following layers.. Floor: - plywood - no pre-slope - 40 mil PVC liner - traditional drain - sloped mud bed - laticrete - thinset & tile Curb: - wood - same 40mil PVC from floor - concrete board - laticrete -...
  6. NYCremodel

Inline frameless shoot door

I don't need the glass to go to ceiling, but I'm considering it just for stability. Would a 30-32" fixed panel that is only attached on side and bottom be stable? Not built yet, but will be a topical waterproofing I think. How do you not allow glaser to drill into it? How else would they...
  7. NYCremodel

Inline frameless shoot door

Inline frameless shower door doing an inline frameless shower door about 58" wide with 1/2" glass. Will consist of one fixed panel and the door. Door will be hinged on the wall and be about 26-30" and NOT go all the way to teh ceiling. The panel will be the remaining width and will be hooked...
  8. NYCremodel

Bath Tub Drain Removal

BTW- On first inspection I did NOT notice a bolt or screw in the overflow drain. I can look closer if someone thinks its there, or is it possible this thing is screwed directly onto the tub, or just attached with sort of epoxy or something?
  9. NYCremodel

Bath Tub Drain Removal

remove overflow cover and drain I am having my tub reglazed in a few days. Figured it was a good time to remove and replace the drain which is rusty looking, and simlar for hte overflow which is broken and looks like it was glazed but should by chrome colored. Question: Can I easily remove...
  10. NYCremodel

leak due to overflow hole in drain assembly

I guess the sink is better described as above-counter than a vessel, though it is technically advertised by Renevator Supply as a vessel. It is not a round vessel that sits on a ring. The bottom part that is connected to drain assembly thru a 3" diameter hole in vanity is perfectly flat. I...
  11. NYCremodel

Glenwall toilet tank loose

I got down under there, and the nuts weren't much more than hand tight. I wish the plumber had just told me he was too lazy, or didn;t have right wrench, or whatever the real story was... Anyway I tightened it down many turns and now the tank barely moves. Thanks to all who provided...
  12. NYCremodel

The sink is a plain old ceramic white vessel, the paris model from renovator supply, inc. (******) And it does have overflow holes. Faucet as is a kohler Fairfax in plain old polished chrome. Guess you lose the bet, 41fever... Any more constructive info or advice on if what my plumber said...
  13. NYCremodel

Any one else heard of such a thing? Or assuming this is bullshit, what might the problem be; assuming the drain assembly isn't faulty? I noticed they just cranked up the nut into the gasket which pushes up against bottom of sink. Is it recommeded to put any putty, teflon tape, or anything to...
  14. NYCremodel

Glenwall toilet tank loose

The gasket used was the one that came with the tank. And the tank is the one that is specified as the matching one by American Standard for the Glenwall toilet. Also note ther eis pretty big space between the tank and the sanitary bar...
  15. NYCremodel

Just had a sink installed by a plumber. There was a very small leak coming from very top of drain assembly. The plumber claims that the overflow holes in the drain assmebly are too tall for this particular sink. And the fact the holes come down lower than the ceramic, that the water is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks