Recent content by NY5050

1. NY5050

Offsetting Freestanding Tub Drain to Avoid Joist

i'm not a professional, but i am also dealing with a free standing tub drain issue. Your tub drain looks like it has in integrated overflow. that's why there are rectangular slots in the drain. this means the drain is connected to the tub from a nut below the tub. than means, you cant then...
  2. NY5050

Free Standing Tub - Drop in Drain

Hi all, so I bought a drop in drain kit which has a cast iron body (in green). I need to connect it to a 2" cast iron p-trap. I wasn't sure how or what material to use to make that connection. I can't use PVC or any plastics. The p-trap is no hub and the drain kit would take 2" MPT fitting...
  3. NY5050

Free Standing Tub

thanks ... Late reply because still dealing with this, but I did by this peace, they make it in a cast iron.
  4. NY5050

Free Standing Tub

Hi, first time posting, but love the info on here. I have hopefully an easy question (though its not for me). I removed an alcove tub and a brass tubular bath waste & overflow drain. What I have left I'm assuming is cast iron pipe and cast iron p-trap. The top of the p trap sits a few inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks