Recent content by notherndave

1. notherndave

Cast Iron Hub

It is a bend. That hub is part of a 90 that goes from 3 inch pipe to a 4 inch hub.
  2. notherndave

Cast Iron Hub

asktom - One more question seeing as you have experience with pouring new joints. I can probably easily source a piece of CI to extend from the CI hub to the bathroom floor, but can I use ABS? I would have thought that the molten lead would have melted it but this Soil-O you mentioned, can it...
  3. notherndave

Cast Iron Hub

That's a good idea. I know Rona sells oakum so I'll check about the lead substitute. Thanks a lot.
  4. notherndave

Cast Iron Hub

Nope, no miscommunication. I sat at the plumbing supply shop (biggest one in this area) and showed them the Furnco website which has these donuts. They said they have never seen them. I first tried at a local Rona (Canadian version of Home Depot) and although they knew what they were, they...
  5. notherndave

Cast Iron Hub

Cannot find it marked on any of the fittings. Above I provided a description of what was marked on the Hub. I also provided the dimension (ID & OD) of the hub. I'm thinking someone may know with that info.
  6. notherndave

Cast Iron Hub

Would anyone know whether the cast iron pipe depicted in the pics above is service weight or extra heavy?
  7. notherndave

Cast Iron Hub

Thanks Terry. That was the route I was taking and first went to Home Depot who did not have the rubber insert for the CI hub, so I went to the biggest plumbing supply company in this area, and they too had never heard of the rubber inserts. When he called Fernco Canada they also did not know...
  8. notherndave

Cast Iron Hub

Hello, I've found your forum so very useful in the past and it has always been able to provide quite a bit of insight into various projects I was undertaking. I'm hoping someone will be able to offer some opinions on my current problem. The waste pipes in my house are cast iron, with the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks