Recent content by noreast

1. noreast

Pot Filler on an outside wall

Hello All, I was considering installing a pot filler while I'm redoing my kitchen. It is on an outside wall however, and it gets mighty cold up here in the Catskill Mts of NY. The house is made of 2x6 though, which would allow for some insulation behind it. But it is a second home that keep...
  2. noreast

Issues changing to Florescent Bulbs

Hello All! So in an effort to cut down on my exorbitant electric bill, we picked up a bunch of energy saving bulbs to replace our incandescent bulbs. When swapping them out of a set of 4 high-hats, only two will light while the other two will not. Yet when I have 4 incandescent bulbs they...
  3. noreast

Hot/Cold Water Handle Question

Hello All! I'm installing a Kohler Devonshire 8" Faucet in my bathroom and while I think I have it right, my wife is claiming otherwise. One handle was marked "Cold" which I installed on the right, which results in the handle swinging to the wall for the on position. She's saying it should...
  4. noreast

Do I need water hammer arrestors?

Thanks for the advice guys. It was simple enough to add them, so I figured it couldn't hurt if I did. Thanks again.
  5. noreast

Does a Kohler Lever fit on a Toto

Hello All! I'm being coerced into buying a Kohler Devonshire toilet because of the style and the lever matches our valves. I may be able to talk my wife into the Toto Clayton, but I don't think that they have a matching lever. Do anyone know if the lever from a Kohler will fit a Toto...
  6. noreast

Do I need water hammer arrestors?

I am installing a Kohler thermostatic valve, and I just noticed that it calls fro water hammer arrestors for the hot and cold water. It's a 1/2 valve and I was curious if it's necessary? Thanks, George
  7. noreast

Min/Max projection on a Kohler Valve

Thanks for the advice - I greatly appreciate it!
  8. noreast

Min/Max projection on a Kohler Valve

Hello All! Great board here for a wanna be DIY like myself ;) I'm installing a Kohler k-679 Thermostatic Valve and I'm not sure where to set it? The diagram below is in the installation manual but I'm not sure where it should be set so that the trim mounts flush to the wall. I'll be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks