Recent content by Norcal01

1. Norcal01

Hot water in toilet

Is there a janitors closet nearby that the hot and cold water is left on & turned off at the spout? Until I got people to turn off the faucets would have problems with water temps, there are hoses supplying chemical mixing stations & they left the valves open, allowing the hot & cold to mix...
  2. Norcal01

Square D homeline or QO panel??

"Almost" You will find them on Eaton type CH (former Cutler-Hammer) too, think the patent has expired although early SQ D QO/QOB circuit breakers did not have the Visitrip feature, BTW, QOB is the bolt-on version QO is the plug-in version.
  3. Norcal01

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

After reading this thread, very thankful for my 40* YO State WH, suspect it was one of the last WH's insulated with fiberglass, only been drained a few times but the sediment has built up, but any appliance that old classifies as prehistoric, I always liked & had good luck with Whirlpool, but...
  4. Norcal01

Add 50amp breaker to bus from meter line?

I assume your charging at night, if that is the case it really should not be a problem, in reality residential loads really are not that big, since with a 100A service doubt your all electric.
  5. Norcal01

One thing that one has to realize that the conductors on the line side of that breaker has absolutely no overcurrent or short circuit protection, it's best not to mess with them. With your location of Rocklin, I assume it's CA? Are you in PG&E, or SMUD, territory?
  6. Norcal01

No way to modify the panel without voiding the UL listing, the cover is a "dead front", only proper option is replace it.
  7. Norcal01

Is this connector for a range obsolete?

BTW, General Motors, the then owner of Frigidaire had product placement on the old Bewitched TV series, the Frigidaire Flair range could be seen in the background, + Chevrolet autos. Would love to own a 1st gen Camaro.
  8. Norcal01

Romex into plastic boxes

Single gang boxes do not require clamps & must be stapled within 8", 2 gang & larger do require clamps & be stapled within 12".
  9. Norcal01

3phase commercial dishwasher

Be better off to have a low temp dish machine, minimum 120° water & chemicals are used for washing, sanitizing, & rinse aid, but need at least 140° because regulations require air drying dishes, no dish towels allowed, only need the pump motor & one can be leased, companies like Ecolab it's a...
  10. Norcal01

Can these meters and boxes be exposed to the weather?

Only thing I see wrong is the offset nipple in photo #3, not permitted to be used in a hub. Common thing that is done though.
  11. Norcal01

No, a vertically mounted breaker is required to have "ON" in the up position, was the dead front of the panel cut out for a second breaker? If no, would be a second reason not to, but the NEC would not allow it. Breakers mounted like that were disallowed in the 1970's.
  12. Norcal01

Junctions Inside an Active Breaker Panel

It is a urban legend that splices are are not allowed in panel gutters. In other words it's fine.
  13. Norcal01

Installing a 240v NEMA 6-50 outlet in garage

Technically replacing a light switch requires a permit but running any new circuit requires a permit, Governments do not like being deprived of revenue. :p
  14. Norcal01

Keeney Manufacturing Company 1/4 turn defective leaking ball valve

The Brass Craft angle stops sold at HD are of much better quality, and at a competitive price, had issue with a stop failing quickly because of the water temp in a commercial kitchen (160°F), the Brass Craft valve has held up for years, have found that Keeney products quality is not very high, &...
  15. Norcal01

Is this connector for a range obsolete?

That plug is only allowed in existing installation done prior to the 1996 NEC, if new wiring is installed to supply that Frigidaire Flair range, it will have to be a 4-wire supply to comply with current code. Used to have the same range until got another range & donated the Flair range to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks