Recent content by Noimad

1. Noimad

Fleck 5812 SXT Setup Woes

Ok, I guess I'll try it in the upflow setting and see what happens. Not sure the exact tank ,but I did the 64k grain model here: https://www.discountwatersofteners.com/water-softeners/fleck-5812-sxt-on-demand-water-softener-1-1-4/ I have the red injector, and it appears to also be in the...
  2. Noimad

I know this is an old thread now, but I'm still having issues with this thing. I finally decided to disassemble the unit, and one thing I noticed is that it has a blue-dot piston on it, which according to online signifies it is an upflow piston. How can I tell if I should indeed have an upflow...
  3. Noimad

Yea, I was able to actually push the riser back down to be flush with the tank. I think it just raised up a little when I pulled the valve up. However, I'm still only getting about 10-12 seconds of fresh water out of the discharge tube during the brine draw. I'm a bit nervous about taking the...
  4. Noimad

-delete: accidental duplicate post-
  5. Noimad

Oh lord this is becoming a nightmare. Ok, so I was able to confirm the tube is ok. I think it just pulled up a little when I pulled the valve off the first time. I was able to blow into the tube while pushing it down and it went back to being flush with the tank lip. However, I'm still only...
  6. Noimad

Hmm...ok, so you think if I am able to cut it flush it might be ok? I did notice the top of the tube looked slightly deformed....but not a lot (you can see it in the picture that I posted where I measured it). I'm not sure if that looks like enough to be causing leakage. But I might be able...
  7. Noimad

Ok, I went ahead and got new batteries for my caliper just to be sure. The OD of the tube shows as 33.4mm. The ID of the distributor shows as 33.7.....so technically it is .3 of a mm difference. Not sure if that is enough for the o-ring to leak? I did a brine draw again just to be sure...
  8. Noimad

Yea, it looks like it it is the eLR-44 battery. Didn't know it was dead until I grabbed it out of the drawer. I didn't even notice the inside jaws either....only the 2nd time I've ever used it...lol . Good to know. But it does look like it is a 33mm?
  9. Noimad

And just the size of the tube vs distributor I've attached those measurements.
  10. Noimad

That is a great video explaining it. So I pulled the head off of the softener, and from it looks like to me the distributor tube size matches the distributor. There is an o-ring in there. Now, I don't know if the height of the riser tube is correct or not. It sticks up slightly out of the...
  11. Noimad

The water was salty the whole time of the BD. I checked it right away, around 5 minutes, and at 15 minutes, and salty all three times.
  12. Noimad

Ok, so I did the Brine Draw, and I'm not sure how better to describe this, but if you look at the attached image you will see where the water started in the salt tank (a little more than half full). After about 15 minutes it dropped about 12 inches. Based on where the water started, I'm not...
  13. Noimad

Thanks you guys very much for the quick replies! I will do the BD test tomorrow and see what I've got going on as far as how long it takes, and if the water is salty coming out of the drain. Dittohead, I didn't remove anything when I did the install of the new system. The only thing I did...
  14. Noimad

Ok, so I purchased a Fleck 5812 SXT with 64k Grains (10% crosslink resin) from https://www.discountwatersofteners.com/water-softeners/fleck-5812-sxt-on-demand-water-softener-1-1-4/ I previously had another water softener installed, but I don't know the actual size of that one, and there are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks