Recent content by NoEffort

1. NoEffort

Drake Parts

Thanks Jim, I just got back from the plumbing supply house before I saw your post. I got a hardware kit and tank to bowl gasket. I had a problem installing the new gasket, I couldn't get a good three point contact, I installed the original and no problem. The replacement gasket I got was...
  2. NoEffort

Drake Parts

I have a leak from the bolts holding the tank to the base and would like to replace the rubber washers. Do I have to use the Toto parts or can I go to a plumbing supply house for replacements.
  3. NoEffort

toto drake leaking from floor base

Thanks guys.... All set. When I installed the drake three years ago I missed the wax horn from a previous install. It was still on maybe causing the problem. I was able to use the rusted flange, I put a washer next the the bolt head under the flange and there was enough to grab. Problem...
  4. NoEffort

I'm ready for round 2. I removed the drake and the failed wax ring. Tried the drake without the wax on the flange and no rocking. I have to run out for j bolts because the ones I have the threads don't go all the way on it and I can't tighten the bolts. I do have another problem that I can...
  5. NoEffort

thanks guys, the wax ring I used had a plastic flange with it. Once the wax was attached to the toilet, looks like the plastic sits right in the floor flange. Wow, wouldn't think it would leak. Should I just buy two wax rings without any plastic attached to it? How do you guys do it with...
  6. NoEffort

I installed a drake about 3 years ago. It just starting leaking water from the base/floor when flushed. I pulled the toto up, removed the wax, and installed a new wax ring (#10). Installed the ring on the toilet and then placed it on the flange. Still leaks, I said sh**t! Any ideas...
  7. NoEffort

my daughter did the impossible, plugged the ultramax

LOL! I'll tell her, getting paid to poop for research, she'll get a kick out of that one. On another note, taught all my kids how to shut off water to toilets and where the main water shut off for the house is. Good idea for everyone to do the same.
  8. NoEffort

Thanks, Finally got it free, keep plunging till she let go.... My daughter is the toilet killer! I told her to do a "courtesy" flush while going! We have 5 in our family and only have a problem with the one... Thanks again... can't fault the ultramax as I think she would clog up anything...
  9. NoEffort

tried plunging with no success, any other tricks/ways to unplug other than removing the toilet?
  10. NoEffort

Toto Ultramax product review, comments & pictures

Ultramax installed Installed the Drake first a couple of weeks ago to see how it would "perform". Passed everything my family could put in it. With that, I went with the Ultramax for our main bathroom. What a fine toilet, never thought a toilet would give such satisfaction (when not using...
  11. NoEffort

american standard actuator bounces

I had the same problem, just started recently after I replaced the actuator with the OEM replacement part. I solved the problem by ditching that piece of junk (AS Lexington model) and replaced with a toto. Only thing I regret was not doing it years ago.
  12. NoEffort

how to connect an extender to the flange

Curious, why not use a wax ring with a plastic horn?
  13. NoEffort

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

installed drake and it passed the test Installed the drake (elongated, sanigloss, softseat) last week. Everyone in the family took it for a "test drive" and it passed with flying colors! Everyone is impressed with it. Amazing, from flush to refill is only about 25 seconds, on other long refill...
  14. NoEffort

question on the "Drake"

I just installed the Drake. The tank will move if pulled or pushing it with little pressure. Is this normal? On the install I did not tighten so the tank and bowl are touching, there is about 1/4" of clearance between them. Thanks All set, guess its a good idea to read the instructions...
  15. NoEffort

Footprints dimensions for Drake and Ultramax

For anyone that needs them: Footprint dimensions for Drake and Ultramax from Toto.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks