Recent content by noclue

1. N

gfci won't reset, dead line wires, lights on breaker still work

The house is only 6 years old, so should be up to current code. Personally, I have not done any additional wiring, other than moving one outlet and I didn't add any wires, just moved it over a few feet. The only additional wiring done after the house purchase was the addition of an A/C unit...
  2. N

I believe the breaker itself is a gfi breaker. It is different than the other breakers in the box and has a test button. The breaker trips when the test button is pressed. Lights and other non-gfi outlets connected to this breaker are working. As for the GFCI receptacle itself, I tested...
  3. N

I was using a hair dryer when my gfci tripped. It wouldn't reset, so I replaced the gfci, but the new one also doesn't work and won't reset. I have unhooked everything and tested the line wires coming into the receptacle and they appear to be dead. The odd thing is that the breaker seems to be...
  4. N

GFCI will not reset.

gfci won't reset, dead line wires, lights on breaker still work I have something very similar happening. I was using a hair dryer when my gfci tripped. It wouldn't reset, so I replaced the gfci, but the new one also doesn't work and won't reset. I have unhooked everything and tested the line...
  5. N

Broken Woodford valve stem

Some guys doing yard work broke off the handle of my woodford model 17 antisiphon outdoor faucet. They also broke the valve stem. Do I have to replace the whole faucet? I shut down the water supply and examined the faucet and pipe. Despite the fact that this faucet has a screw on connection...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks