Recent content by niteowler

1. niteowler

Pressure Relief Valves Won't Stop Leaking

Replaced the PRV and everything appears to be fine now. A friend of mine says he has lived in his house now for 20 years and he is on his third PRV. I didn't know they went bad very often.
  2. niteowler

I connected a water pressure gauge inside the house and it read 107 psi. Whoa! Turned the water pressure down on the PRV to the point where the water barely ran. With the water running it read 10 psi and when i shut the water off it crept back up to at least 100 psi. Looks like the PRV is...
  3. niteowler

I would like to think everyone for their well thought out and knowledgeable comments. This water heater problem is actually my neighbors. She is 88 years old and lives by herself and her close family members live many states away. I try to help her as much as I can if she needs it. Hopefully...
  4. niteowler

I don't know what the pressure is now but i turned the pressure reducing valve down to the point where the water barely ran in the house to see if that would help. The pressure relief valve still leaked to my amazement. I turned it back up since it didn't help and the pressure was to low to...
  5. niteowler

I don't have a thermal expansion tank but I may have to consider one if it doesn't stop leaking.
  6. niteowler

I Recently replaced my hot water heater with exact same model as I had before. However after I installed the new water heater the pressure relief valve began to leak. Both water heaters are table top water heaters with the pressure relief valve located on top of the water heater directly in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks