Recent content by Nina

1. Nina

Sump Pump/Pit cover questions....

The PVC pipe for the radon (with the gauge on it) is under four feet from the sump pit. It said on the label that the vacuum was .5 at time of installation, it's still showing that now. It doesn't look like there's anything between the bottom plate and the sealed/painted concrete basement...
  2. Nina

Sewage Ejector Pump/Check Valve

So I should ask them to move the check valve up so it's installed perpendicular (and higher) than it was before? I Googled Clevis hangers, and that definitely looks more secure! Thank you!
  3. Nina

Sorry about posting in the wrong place. Thanks!
  4. Nina

When we bought our new construction home it had passive radon mitigation. We wrote into the agreement that we would pay for radon testing, and if it still came out high, they had to pay for a certified radon installer to put in active mitigation. It WAS still very high, but was retested as...
  5. Nina

The check valve is located at the top of the blue towel in the photos. Let me know if you need better photos/different angles.\
  6. Nina

No, the grey water runs back from outside the house to the check valve. When it operates "normally", it's actually extremely quiet. When it "misfires" it is loud and the entire PVC pipe shudders. Again, it blew out THREE quiet check valves. I don't think that is from needing to secure...
  7. Nina

We bought a new (built 2017) house with a finished basement, including a full bath that we rarely use. Occasionally the sewage ejector pump would go off and it was loud, but it was loud in our 2006 home, so we thought nothing of it - until the time it went off extremely loudly, with a shudder...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks