Recent content by nickyg

1. nickyg

sewer gas.....

I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel. The sink and toilet are removed and I have open waste pipes. I stuffed an old shirt in the toilet flange and a sock in the sink pipe to stop any gasses from coming up. This was working for a few weeks, but now the smell is coming through. I even...
  2. nickyg

little bug swirls

We have many quarter sized holes in our lawn with dead grass near them. The hole goes about an inch deep and the grass around it is in a swirl pattern.... Is this a bug making a hole????
  3. nickyg

Bathroom subfloor damage

We are remodeling a small bathroom. I pulled all of the old flooring up and finally reached the subfloor. Around the toilet was some water damage and the plywood was slightly delaminating. The top of the subfloor was damaged and weak, but from the basement the wood looks great. I decided to...
  4. nickyg

Noisy hot water tank

what type of equipment will i need to check the air pressure in the tank? What will I need to change the pressure in the tank?
  5. nickyg

Noisy hot water tank

then what?? What should the pressure be set to??
  6. nickyg

Noisy hot water tank

No I do not see a check valve anywhere. Please someone help......
  7. nickyg

Noisy hot water tank

I am not sure what you mean by checkvalve. There is a bicycle type valve at the top of the tank for changing the air pressure. Do you think that is defective?? Leaking?? The previous post said that the air pressure in my tank may be too high. Now I am confused... What can I do to fix...
  8. nickyg

Noisy hot water tank

Here is the background: I have a submerged well pump in the backyard. The well pump sends water to a small pressure tank and through the house. The pressure tank is set to 30/50. Our entire system makes loud banging noises throughout the day, both when water is being used and also when...
  9. nickyg

Best replacement windows

I am looking into buying replacement windows for my 60's built home. We currently have double hung, wood framed, single pane windows. They are very hard to operate and very inefficient.... There are a number of replacement window companies in our area (cleveland, oh), but it is very hard to...
  10. nickyg

water hammer????

more help please need more help please..... Are these noises okay?? Will they happen regardless of how I drain the lines. Will they damage the plumbing throughout the house. I will try closing the valve after the pressure tank and see if that works better to cut off water to the shower on...
  11. nickyg

water hammer????

I have a leaky upstairs shower head. Today I wanted to work on the leak, so I shut off the well pump and tried to drain my pressure tank by turning on the shower. The pressure was winding down, but then I started to get very loud water hammering. Am I doing something wrong? It sounded like...
  12. nickyg

Washer water smells

My washer drains directly into a utility tub in our laundry room. We have been noticing that the water that empties into the tub after a washer cycle smells horrible!!! (kind of eggy/or pooy) We have a private well and do not notice this smell anywhere else in the house. We can even use the...
  13. nickyg

Is it safe to fertilize with a private well?

I have a private well and submerged pump. Is it safe to use standard fertilizers on my lawn? Will the chemicals end up in my water and cause problems in my system, health hazards, etc...........
  14. nickyg

Find my Well information

pump info I found the county info on my well itself, but no info on the pump. Will i have to contact the homes previous owner to get that info?
  15. nickyg

Find my Well information

Can I find out information on my well by going through my county? I moved into a new house and did not ask how deep the well is, what type of pump I have, hp on my pump, how old the pump is, and gpm. Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks