Recent content by NickR

1. NickR

Recommendations for 10" rough-in, narrow tank

Yeah, I actually have more than 15" on each side of the bowl... I just only have 8" on one side of the tank---there's a large ceiling support column on the right side of the toilet, and it sticks out 3" into the room. Not sure what code would say about this situation... out of curiosity, does...
  2. NickR

Thanks for the suggestions wjcandee, but all of those have tanks wider than 16". The Drakes are between 18 5/8" and 19 1/2" wide and the Carlyle and Vespin are both 16 1/2". Or am I missing something on the spec sheets? I'm prepared to spend into the $400s since I imagine my choices are pretty...
  3. NickR

Hello and thanks to everyone for the many helpful posts on this forum; I've already learned a lot from reading. I am replacing a toilet in a very old house (1895)--in fact, one of the first houses in my town to have indoor plumbing--and therefore have some strange space limitations. In short...
  4. NickR

Manabloc distribution line connection types

Thanks all for the input; bronze press connections look to be the most durable, but the PexPress tool necessary for that configuration is pretty expensive, so I'll probably go with the brass crimp since that tool is considerably more affordable and the brass crimp looks to be of good quality...
  5. NickR

Manabloc distribution line connection types

I've read most of the PEX/Manabloc posts on here but don't see any mention of the different distribution line connection types. (See: http://www.viega-na.com/downloads/pureflow-manablocSellSheet.pdf) MANABLOCs are available with the original compression fittings on the distribution/supply...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks