Recent content by NickPlumbBad

1. NickPlumbBad

Asbestos Inside Ducts

Hello all, I have a house built in 1954. Appears to have asbestos "paper" insulation around the supply ducts. I've been reading a lot of papers and forums online regarding asbestos, even had a prof remover out for estimates and finally felt like I understood the risks and approach to mitigate...
  2. NickPlumbBad

Acidic Flavor- Too Much Flux?

OP here, Wow, thanks so much for everyone that is offering some sage advice. SteveW- I only see one post about the grounding. A lot of the electrical in this house is ungrounded 2-prong, but the few that are grounded appear to be grounded to the existing hot water copper pipes. Hmm, you might...
  3. NickPlumbBad

DJ2- For example: I fluxed the inside of the elbow (female) and the outside of the pipe fitting in (male). Not a huge deal from what I've read, pretty common, but I guess if you flux the inside of the elbow liberally it will just get pushed into the system when you press the joint together...
  4. NickPlumbBad

Yes, both male and female sides of every joint
  5. NickPlumbBad

I bought a house, built it 1954, and decided to replace the old galv pipes of the cold water side with new copper. The hot water side was already replaced with copper. I had a friend with some experience help and guide me. We ran the system in parallel over 4 weekends and then cut over to...