Recent content by nhoj

1. nhoj

Question on roofing

I have a question on Owens Corning Assault singes I had to put a new roof on my home and I had a 40 year roof that I put on 3 years ago and Hale damaged it and I ask the contractor that I wanted a 40 year roof back on it, he told me that they NO longer made a 40 year roof anymore but they made a...
  2. nhoj

Question about Compressor

I have a 13 seer right now and they say that is all we need here in Ohio, I feel that a 14 seer would be better.
  3. nhoj

I am yet to hear anyone tell me to get a NEW AC unit. I keep asking myself should I get a NEW AC UNIT or should I have them replace the compressor since it still has ONE year left on it before the compressor loses the warranty. I want to be realistic about this and do the best thing.
  4. nhoj

For the past 6 or 7 years when the AC shout off it makes a clinking noise so it is the compressor, the HVAC Contractor that put it in told us that it was the fan and he would wait tell it quick working. He never checked the compressor so we took his word and when talking to Rheem about 2 weeks...
  5. nhoj

Can someone tell me what you would call the engine of the AC system if it is not the compressor? By putting a new compressor in will I be able to see less usage of electric on my bill? Is it a wast to put a new compressor in if it is not going to save me money?
  6. nhoj

If the AC compressor is going bad would you be using more electric? I received my electric bill today and it was $175.00. I have my thermostat set at 75. Back around July 4 I had a HVAC contractor come out and he told me that the compressor was getting bad. I contacted Rheem and they told me...
  7. nhoj

Heil Central Air Conditioner

Does anyone know anything about Heil Central Air Conditioner? I called a dealer to get a quote on an Air Conditioner. Where are they out of and who own them. Are they a high end or a low end of the Air Conditioner industry?
  8. nhoj

AC Compressor is bad Looking at RHEEM or CARRIER

My AC is a 2008 model and has R-410a
  9. nhoj

Here is what I am facing, I have two options If I get a Carrier 2 stage, 17 seers, I would have to get a 2-ton Condenser but they would keep my coil that went with the 21/2 ton Condenser since you only can get 2 ton or a 3-ton Condenser. When ask if the 2 ton would keep up in 90 or more degrees...
  10. nhoj

I do have Nature Gas Force Air, my windows are energy efficient just put them in a few year ago about 7 years in fact. I have a sided house and I insulated it about 3 years ago.
  11. nhoj

Is the Arcoaire AC a good unit or an average unit? I would like to know if your home is 26' wide X 40' long and your ceilings are 7' high will a 2 ton AC unit be big enough for the house? Why I ask this question is because if I get a 2 stage 17 seer AC they only come in 2, 3-ton units and the...
  12. nhoj

Is there any truly made in the USA and if so which one's are they? I only try to buy USA made.
  13. nhoj

Looking to buy 2 stage 17 seer AC Need Help

I am looking to buy a 2 stage 17seer AC unit and would like to know which unit has the less amount of trouble and the best unit for the money?
  14. nhoj

I am in need of an NEW AC since my compressor on my RHEEM AC is going out I would like to know which would be a better unit a RHEEM or a CARRIER unit? The CARRIER is Hundred Fifty dollars more. I was told that the CARRIER is quieter than the RHEEM. I live in Northwest Ohio and to get the best...
  15. nhoj

Water goes down slowly in Tub/ shower

I have a tub/shower and the water goes down slowly and I have a drain plug that you push down to close and push down to open.This is my question: I thought that the drain was plunged so I turned it counter clock wise and it does not come out all the way, I thought that it would come out all the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks