Recent content by nfc911

1. nfc911

Supply line sizing

Haven't seen anything on this in a few days. Reached out to other sources on the web and another plumber and made a few changes. Split the floors on the high usage side of the house into 3 differnt groups and added recirculation loops to each group. Any thoughts? Thanks
  2. nfc911

Well, Power outage was restored but no water

Our pump had a set of fuses that blew once when the power went out and came back. Could be something like that?
  3. nfc911

Supply line sizing

Where on Uponor's site would I look that up? I typed it in their search and no results were returned. In some of their resources they mention Uponor logic plumbing but they don't go into details (at least not in the docs I've opened so far). Would this be a valid flow test: How to...
  4. nfc911

Supply line sizing

Would running separate 3/4" lines to each fixture group or floor help with balancing the pressure? Isn't one of the advantages of the manifolds supposed to be balanced pressure that is unaffected by other fixtures being used? In the current layout would you suggest sizing the hot water line at...
  5. nfc911

Supply line sizing

How can I obtain the flow capacity? The well was put in about 8 years before we bought the property and we didn't receive any depth or flow information when the home changed hands. I believe the pressure is set to 30/50 (pump kicks on at 30 psi and off at 50 psi) or 40/60. There are only 4 of...
  6. nfc911

Supply line sizing

Doing a complete replumb of a house built in the 1840s or so. The water to the house is a well with 1" supply to a pressure tank. We installed pre-filters and water softner, and plan to install a 50-gallon propane water heater. The one side of the house has the laundry and a canning kitchen...
  7. nfc911

Re-plumbing a 170 year old house...

So... I really don't have anything even close to proper venting. The only thing in my original drawing that is vented is the tub and toilet on the right of the 2nd floor and the lav on the 3rd floor? Everything else is lacking any kind of proper venting?
  8. nfc911

hj, I plan to make it is as 'right' as the inspector requires. I'm working under the assumption that what is in the drawing is pretty much what is there. I've got 3 vent pipes in the attic with nothing tying into them horizontally. The exterior walls in the house are brick so aren't hiding...
  9. nfc911

Terry, Your drawing is what I understand to be 'normal' non-wet venting, is that right? What would be the difference for it to be a wet vent?
  10. nfc911

We recently bought a home in Charles Town, WV. I'm working on redoing the plumbing currently as the supply lines are all galvanized, closed shut and/or leaking. While the plaster walls/ceilings are open I want to replace the galvanized drain lines and possibly cast iron drain lines. I've...
  11. nfc911

Remodeling Help

Some pics of actual work What we've got in so far: Tub traps and washer traps are a little convoluted but I think it is OK.
  12. nfc911

Remodeling Help

How about a 45 up to the vertical? The Diverter and spout are going to be in the way if I go vertical for that far. Moved some stuff around on new pics.
  13. nfc911

Remodeling Help

Modified drawings based on suggestions 1st drawing is a blown up view of the 1st floor (reverse angle then before so that trap can be seen) 2nd drawing is the same angle as the first picture that I posted. Shows a vent from the toilet and hopefully a removal of the "S" trap on the 2nd floor...
  14. nfc911

Remodeling Help

S-trap How would I get rid of the S? I have to use an above floor drain hence the reason for what I have. I see that the vent has to be 2 pipe diameters from the trap to not be crown venting but I dont' see the minimum length of the trap arm to not be considered and S trap.
  15. nfc911

Remodeling Help

Software question.... forgot to answer what the software is... Charlotte Pipe has 3D versions of all of their fittings that you can export to different CAD programs (i.e. AutoCAD). I just used this and exported to jpg. Link...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks