Recent content by newtek

1. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

More silly details. The programable trigger unit noted above is capable of running a cycle as programmed on power up. So a simple timer (the rotating timers with plastic pins) on the power supply for the trigger will push-pull unit off push pull unit on when powered up. So the basic timer just...
  2. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

No remote but the internal indicators are useful. Thx for confirming voltages ok. Again the on/off trigger switch is needed but @15 bucks an small tinkering no big deal. Just not at all pro looking. Just very functional in a cheapo pinch. I'm pleased. Wrks great.
  3. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

Using a flow thu f118 s tank w/the 301. Thx your suggestion is better but if it aint broke dont fix it right? Same sqe pump can be as high as $2400 so $600 nice. Actually pump still good but (wires fried (150 feet down) due to my hired "pro" last time) time for DIY as said 15 years on shelf as BU.
  4. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

Will check amps and get back but works just perfect now. The issues are below. Many thanks for your wise quiry.
  5. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

So a bit of a summary: Can you do this YES. Does it work. YES. Is it a good idea... Well, not really-but I have it working perfect. I can adjust any pressure 10-100 psi instantly. Works perfectly. After a pump change out didnt really want to do much more as I am obviously not a plumber but did...
  6. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

Correct. Different pump. Orig sq pump didnt die, wires fried but didnt want to re-drop 15 yr pump. Keep 4 Backup. 301 checks for signal on a timer. That would be why it seems to cut off on a timed sequence. As said above auto off on resolves it in a nice mickey mouse kinda way. But fixed...
  7. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

By same pump I assume you are asking if 301 with same pump is lasting that long yes but different than referenced pump above.
  8. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

I know many seem to dislike the 301 very much saying they dont last. Its over 15 yrs running fine.
  9. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

Wow good point about 3 phase possibly off. Hmm. I assume it would fry asap if motor didnt like something.... Yet working great. Perfect really. I would rather blow it at 200 feet than pull it on a guess. Specifically its a home depot 230v everbilt 1hp. All is well except the occasional restart...
  10. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

Yes you are correct no "sensor" connection back from pump but it goes to pump as it works and shuts off at programmed psi correctly- any change of psi on faceplate responds instantly. The only issue I notice is the shutting off of pressure (drops to zero) out of the blue maybe once a day...
  11. N

Grunfos 301 with non SQE

I see in another post you seemingly can NOT use a non sqe pump in a grunfos 301 setup. Well... I have done so doing a new pump replacement and it DOES work. The first of the nine 301 fault indicator lights show working and all is working. However, the ninth connection to pump light (pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks