Recent content by Newowner123

1. Newowner123

Toilet under extended countertop, clearance issue.

Thank you all for the replies. You guys are truly helpful. I decided to go with CST744EG (same as CST744E as Terry recommended, but with something called "CEFIONTECT"). @jadnashua Wanted to thank you for your recommendation of removing the extension. I briefly looked into how to cut off...
  2. Newowner123

Toilet under extended countertop, clearance issue.

I am replacing a 23-year-old toilet. The bathroom vanity countertop is 29.5" high (bottom of the countertop to floor) and is extended to over the top of the tank. The height of the existing toilet is 25" leaving a 4.5" clearance. I am looking at the 1.28 gal high efficiency toilets. It seems...
  3. Newowner123

Caulking around copper pipe

On Sunday I used some DAP Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone and sealed minor gaps (1/8") around the 1" water pipe where it came out of the wall in the garage. Today I found the clear caulk mostly hardened, but the pipe where the caulk touched turned green. I understand that this may be due to...
  4. Newowner123

Help identifying pressure reducer valve

That looks suspiciously look the Wilkins model 70 I just put in my house. It's only $62 at Home Depot. I advise you to replace it. I am also a complete newbie so caveat emptor.
  5. Newowner123

10yo WH: change anode rod?

10 year old State Select 50 gallon gas WH. Working fine. I don't think the previous owner changed the anode rod ever. I wanted to change the anode rod but am balking for two reasons: 1) I read it takes a massive amount of torque to get it out; and 2) the hex head is hidden behind the vent and...
  6. Newowner123

Pressure Regulator Valve broken?

Ok so the good news is static water pressure is stable at 55 psi. Bad news is after WH shuts off, thermal expansion pushes that up to 100 psi. Flushing a toilet drops that to 55 psi. So if I take a shower and leave house for work, the pipes are going to endure 100 psi for the whole day. Would...
  7. Newowner123

Thank you jimbo and Cass. I replaced the PRV and static pressure now is 65 psi. I will test pressure again after heating cycle.
  8. Newowner123

20 year old house. I am the 2nd owner. Bought the house in May 2008. There is a Cash-Acme EB-86 PRV just behind a gate-valve house shutoff-valve. Both PRV and gate-valve look original. I used a $10 Orbit water pressure gauge from Home Depot and measured pressure on the garden hose bib, which I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks