Recent content by Newburg

1. N

loss of water pressure

SUCCESS!! Thanks for all your help. We decided to pull out the old (30 year old +) pipe and sandpoint and replace it. Was able to pull it part way up (and saw a good size hole in the pipe) before the pipe broke as it was extremely thin. New hole in the basement floor, new pipe, we are back...
  2. N

loss of water pressure

We have made some progress. We just ran a snake down the will pipe just to try something, in case we found an obstruction. When we purchased the house almost 30 years ago, we were told it was a 12 foot sandpoint well, with a 15 foot snake, I think that 12 feet is correct. Also taped the...
  3. N

loss of water pressure

I wish I could attach a picture but I get the message that my "file is too large". Anyway the set up is rather simple. the underground pipe comes straight up through the cement floor in the basement, about 4 feet total. there is a T at about 3 1/2 feet up that connects to a pipe about 18...
  4. N

loss of water pressure

I mean "pipes and fittings"
  5. N

loss of water pressure

It was a pretty simple replacement job by my son with plumber/pipefitter union experience but we can start over with new replacement pipes and fillings Because our sandpoint pipe is over 30 years old....is there something as "backflushing" and is there more of a chance of damage compared to...
  6. N

loss of water pressure

We had no pressure in the tank, was able to add about 38 lbs and we had water again - for a while. Still had the problem of the pump running an extremely long time before shutting off. The tank lost pressure again. Pretty sure we needed to replace the tank -- so we replaced the tank (Flotec...
  7. N

loss of water pressure

We have sand point well with a Craftsman Shallow Well Jet Pump 1/2 HP, 40/60 Pressure. We bought the house almost 30 years ago and have replaced the pump and the tank sometime in the past but it has been at least 10 years. We have recently experienced a dramatic loss in water pressure. For...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks