Recent content by new2me

1. new2me

Toto Toilet Flapper Issue

I don't use the in-tank chlorine tablets, and the water is potable, from the city water main. It is supposed to be safe to drink, so I don't think it has anything to do with chlorine, it has to do with rubber being rubber, it is just not suited to this application. Look at the reinforcing ribs...
  2. new2me

I purchased both of my Totos in August of 2007, and the first flapper I replaced was in July of 2008 (in 1/2 bath that gets most use.) Second ones' original lasted till Thanksgiving, both replacements where free exchanges from supplier. The 1/2 bath started running again around Thanksgiving, and...
  3. new2me

Thanks for adding the picture Terry! All of the green is rigid plastic, so is the white adjustable "bubble" float. The gray is the silicone sealing ring. I had looked at the Fluidmaster product website and didn't find this flapper listed there yet. I turned the "bubble" float setting down to 7...
  4. new2me

I hope that I have found the solution. I bought a Fluidmaster 5403 3 inch universal toilet flapper that comes with a 10 year warranty. It is primarily made of a hard, rigid plastic, with a silicone sealing ring under it. When I installed it I also noticed that the lift rod pulled it off to one...
  5. new2me

I've had the same problem with both of my Toto's. The lift rod was not aligned over the flapper out of the box, but is easily bent back (careful not to break it!) The flapper deforms and leaks. Bad design of the flapper. Rubber may have worked for smaller flush valves for the past century...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks