Recent content by Netmouse

1. Netmouse

What I found on boiler warranties

I was trying to figure out why this and another forum is not answering my questions on purchasing extended boiler warranties. As mentioned the manufacturer will not sell an extended warranty direct to the customer but only through a vendor. I have since received replies to my inquiry from 2...
  2. Netmouse

boiler warranty pricing

HELP. More on my 1-year warranty on my boiler is ending. I thought you could buy a 5-year (or 10-year) extended warranty for boilers for about $200. About 15 years ago with my old boiler I paid a few hundred one time for this. Also, I see a price list on the internet for Burnham's warranty...
  3. Netmouse

boiler extended warranty

I had a residential Peerless 63 steam gas boiler installed a year ago November 2013. I could now purchase a 5 or 10 year extended warranty. They have no documentation or pricing info at their website, saying you have to get this from the local installer. Is such a warranty worth the money...
  4. Netmouse

13 Things Your Plumber Won't Tell You...

quote - "3) Many service plumbers are charging by the job," Maybe a decade ago this began in my area in NJ, electricians too. I much prefer paying by the hour. Home owners often have little quick tasks to do, and a task cost now, with one thing done, is about the same as the old hour cost...
  5. Netmouse

The culprint of clogged pipe; Oatmeal

"...the only thing to (go) down the drain is dirty water and soap" Make that liquid soap. For years now I have used liquid soap in the laundry and in the bathrooms, along with a plastic hair catcher on drains. Never again bars of soap or powder detergent. And those areas have had gloriously...
  6. Netmouse

water lines

I went to Home Depot today. They opened a box with a Delta faucet and it had water lines that looked just like mine. The water lines are integrated. Their website says it is Pex. The description has -"DIAMOND™ Seal Technology is the revolutionary water delivery system that combines a durable...
  7. Netmouse

The culprint of clogged pipe; Oatmeal

Well, this was a very expensive lesson learned. I'm sure all you experienced plumbers know this. My recent posts are about a clogged kitchen drain, now snaked and resolved. I had the garbage disposer removed, and with a new strainer I could see the cause of my expensive problem. About 4...
  8. Netmouse

water lines

I know one should replace rubber water hoses with metal. I did that to the connections to my toilets and on the washing machine. In the photo you can see the black water lines under my sink that go from the shut off valves up to the faucets in my kitchen. I tapped them and they are not rubber...
  9. Netmouse

new kitchen pipe slow draining

Problem solved. The pipe was really snaked for a while this time. It was 15' of pipe to the sewer pipe. He said he could feel a small opening, then debris fell and completely closed it up. He kept snaking and then the drain popped open with good water flow. Thanks everyone for your input.
  10. Netmouse

Kiron, your pic shows one really bad pipe! Yes, I have a plumber probably here tomorrow to review what the contractor did.
  11. Netmouse

I'm not a plumber. What is a proper vent or AAV? What does that entail? Why is an S-trap wrong?
  12. Netmouse

Here are photos of 1) new piping under the kitchen sink and 2) of the new opening in the sink. The opening really surprised me, as you can see there is only a small hole for water to drain. Is this normal? Could this be slowing draining from the sink? The disposer was removed because...
  13. Netmouse

Garbage disposal problem, or normal?

Added new photo with new pipe.
  14. Netmouse

Contractor snaked the pipe under kitchen sink down to basement and connection to sewer pipe. No real change in draining speed. Had disposer removed and a normal pipe added in its place under sink. Still drains slow, maybe slower. The thought now is that the old cast iron piping, pretty...
  15. Netmouse

DonL, tried the hot soapy water, no difference. Then, the dishwasher does that sometimes, too. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks