Recent content by neili

1. neili

The check valve discussion.

I sold an old used Johnston Pump once. It was pretty tought to find information on it. Are johnston pumps still in production? I know MAPS had a tough time finding me information on them. I didn't know that about spiders. Is this the case because of the amount of tension used or is this...
  2. neili

shower encloser enclosed

Growing up we didn't have any ventilation either. I was wondering if anyone knew about the one piece shower with the lip at the top and if that helped most of the humidity condensate inside the shower.
  3. neili

shower encloser enclosed

Growing up we had newer one-piece type shower enclosures. These enclosures had a taller ceiling then they did an entrance. By this I mean there was a lip so to speak that hung down towards the door. When I moved into my own house I suddenly started to notice red drips on the walls near my...
  4. neili

private irr water service

Does anyone out there irrigate from a system that is setup to provide irrigation water only. In my area many people can’t get rural water and so an untreated, private irrigation only service has been setup. If there are other systems out there like this, how much do people pay or expect to...
  5. neili

My well was hurt by Katrina. Need help

Agree with the rest and have questions of my own These guys are all correct. Chlorinate the well. If you don’t have a convertible motor, don’t run it with low voltage. You cannot physically “suck†water more than 30 feet (might be as much as 32 feet at proper atmospheric and elevation...
  6. neili

Irrigation on house system

You have a few things going on here. The pump kicking on without water use would indicate a bad check valve or a leak in the system. With the pump and the pressure there could be many things. How is your well? Is it strong enough to pump water for the irrigation system? The irrigation...
  7. neili

used oil or waste oil heater

I will forward these thoughts to my boss as well as ask the oil burner salesmen we are talking to about such concerns. Than k you for your input. None of you know any particular name brands that work well do you? I want to make sure that if we purchase one it is will be a reliable one.
  8. neili

large acre drip tape application

Anyone ever develop large drip tape irrigation systems. I am working with a customer who would like to install twenty acres of drip tape for a vegetable garden. Any recommended filter systems or techniques. Thanks.
  9. neili

We don't have the pesky rules here. We do however have very cold winters! lol.
  10. neili

Has anyone installed a used oil heater? My company maintains a lot of vehicles and ends up with a lot of used oil. We run about 20% synthetic and also use a lot of atf in place of hydraulic oil. What manufacture would you recommend for us?
  11. neili

Well pump acting up

I agree with speedbump. Bad pump, motor, or well are very likely. Call a water well driller or pump contactor.
  12. neili

Preventing frozen pipes

Thermodynamic equations include energy and velocity. Thinking of frozen water as a particular state of energy for water adding velocity would change that state of energy. With out going to the text books, I would say that the movement of the water has more to do with keeping the water from...
  13. neili

Water Pressure--Booster Pump?

If you hand a submersible, make sure to have a flow sleeve to help cool the pum p motor.
  14. neili

Pipe Dope On Teflon Tape?

Plastic fitting manufactures don’t recommend the use of tape on their threaded fittings. The tape does not “squish†out of the way like paste and causes the threads to become misaligned. See the link below. Toward bottom of page...
  15. neili

Cavitate?

Cavitation is the vaporizing of water and its explosion therein. If the city water supply line only provides 4 gpm, then that is all you should try to pump with your pump. Your pump has the ability to provide some suction—dependent on pump design and elevation, however this suction will most...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks