Recent content by nedjinski

1. N

2 wire upgrade

thanks Bob - that clarifies things quite a bit. in terms of theory - if the grounds and neutrals are tied together at the sevice point, what is the difference if they stay tied throughout the whole system? ie, why even have a separate ground wire? why not tie the neutral wire to the...
  2. N

2 wire upgrade

the house was wired with what was like Romex today - 2 wire sheathed in an outer fabric cover. if it was fmc then I could use that for the ground. as far as doing the work it's not a problem. I have already added / changed circuits / wiring in this house to code and with permits. I am more...
  3. N

2 wire upgrade

I have 50 year old house that is a 2 wire house - that means the utility pole brings in 2 hots and 1 neutral. the hots (blacks) go to the breakers ( 1 hot for each side of the breaker layout) and the neutral (white) goes to a buss bar. all the circuts are 1 black and 1 white - no ground...
  4. N

Calculators & Sources

can anyone recommend a software calculator or a good source of tables, charts, and information for figuring out various system parameters? this could be for example, the ability to calculate the best pump based on input of other system knowns such as head loss and other variables. or a...
  5. N

Taco RMB or X Block?

Has anyone had experience with either of these Taco products? they seem to solve lots of problems and make it so you don't need so many separate components - great ideas, but do they work? or have some limitations?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks