Recent content by ne_plumber

1. ne_plumber

Installed Mansfield Flush Valve - tank slowly drains.

Mikey - excellent idea. I figured I'd be pulling the tank off - so like you say, why not see where exactly it's leeaking. It leaks so slowly, I'll probably have to set it up in front of my Lazy Boy, with the Sox game on the tube. Brett
  2. ne_plumber

Why I thing it's that bottom tank to Mansfield flush valve, is the fact that the tank is bone dry. I would think that if it was that red rubber valve - it would still have a 1/4" of water sitting in it - due to the height of that gasket above the floor of the tank. My theory is that it's...
  3. ne_plumber

Verdeboy - what's you're recommendation. Should I throw some plumbers putty at that interface and re-tighten, or should I go for a new washer? Could the actual bottom surface of the tank be the issue? Thanks Brett
  4. ne_plumber

If I put food coloring in, how do I differentiate whether it's leaking at the flush valve seal, or it's the gasket that's sitting between the mansfield valve body to bottom of tank interface? Keep in mind, the Mansfield valve is brand new - not saying a new valve seal couldn't be defective. I...
  5. ne_plumber

Mikey - I'm assuming that is in to the toilet, so assuming that, what do I do to fix it? PS - I don't have a cat. Dave
  6. ne_plumber

Installed a Mansfield Flush Valve, and I filled tank and then shut off supply, as I'm always nervous about leaks. First time I checked it, figured my son had flushed it when I wasn't looking. Fill it again, and make sure he knows not to flush it - find the wafer level down about 1/2" in first...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks