Recent content by NBachers

1. NBachers

Cap for 1/2" angle stops and faucet supply line connections

I sell stainless steel braided flexible supply lines that are American Standard extinct thread on one end, and 1/2" on the other. I also have flexible toilet supply lines with the old American Standard thread. I even have an old Iron Age American Standard valve mounted on my desk, so we can try...
  2. NBachers

I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them.
  3. NBachers

Thanks everybody, but I've tried all the obvious choices. Yes, you could put a 1/2" NPT supply line on an angle stop, and then put a 1/2" plug into the other end. I have supply lines in all the sizes above, plus the old extinct American Standard thread. Try this: Take an angle stop with a...
  4. NBachers

I work in the plumbing department of a local home care center. From time to time, people need to cap off a 1/2" angle stop, or the water inlet where the supply line connects under the faucet. It's 1/2" thread, but a 1/2" pipe thread cap won't fit. It's not compression; I have those. It's...
  5. NBachers

1 1/4" tailpiece washer; also-best compression ring for plastic?

The 1 1/4" top hat washer has been one of my "holy grail" searches as long as I've been in my store's plumbing department. Despite years of searches and inquiries, I've never been able to find them for sale. I have occasionally found products that feature the 1 1/4" tailpiece, and the top hat...
  6. NBachers

Spline wrench for shutoffs on tub/shower valve

GREAT! THANKS! I've contacted Barry Walter Company about this, and other Holy Grail items I've been searching for, for a long time. I'm very grateful to you, Marlinman, for helping me with this. Neil- a former long-time Miami resident.
  7. NBachers

Spline wrench for shutoffs on tub/shower valve

I work in the plumbing department of our local independent home care center. For years, I've been trying to find a socket that fits over the splines on the shutoff valves that are built into the tub/shower valve. Delta and Price Pfister have them; other brands probably do, too. They all have...
  8. NBachers

3 clogged toilets

Maybe the toilets need to be pulled I've seen cases where I can auger or plunge a toilet, and solve the problem. Then the complaint comes back. I've found cotten swabs, tampon cardboards, and plastic straw parts lodged in the toilet exit. They were skinny enough to let the auger pass. I...
  9. NBachers

The application: There's the odd sink drain or something that requires it. People bring in strange items from Ikea, old stuff, foreign-made products, specialty items. Occasionally there's a need for the 1 1/4" tailpiece. We have a supply of rubber washers; I can cram one into a 1 1/4"...
  10. NBachers

In my store, we occasionally sell chrome 1 1/4" tailpieces. They're the kind with a little round flange at the top, like is installed in sink drain strainer baskets. I'm trying to find the plastic top-hat washer to go with them. Does anyone know where I can get the plastic washer to fit into...
  11. NBachers

Shower Spout

Screw-on (threaded) types sometimes have cutaways I always thought it was to provide drainage, but maybe it's because they can do a production run with the cutaway, and then adapt to either threaded or set-screw type. It sounds like you've got the threaded type that screws on. As you're...
  12. NBachers

I need a Valve spline identifying plate

I'm looking for a valve spline identifying plate. It's a plate with female valve spline patterns to stick a valve into. It helps identify what brand of valve I have. It also has male valve spline patterns to fit faucet handles into. I've seen aftermarket ones that are manufacturer-specific-...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks