Recent content by nazrat

1. N

Which drain to use when converting from double to single sink

I'm glad I asked. After posting I had planned on using the one through the floor, simply because it would reduce one 90* (in the wall). I guess I'll cap the one in the floor. -Tad
  2. N

Which drain to use when converting from double to single sink

I have a double kitchen sink now and am replacing it with a large single sink. The current sink has a disposal in one basin and a standard drain in the other. The disposal is connected to a trap and then drains through the floor. The other basin is connected to a trap and then drains through...
  3. N

Novice here with deep well questions

There's no check valve in the plumbing inside the house. I can run two faucets inside the house but I'm not sure for how long. It wasn't until I ran the tank empty to check for well flow that I found opening another fixture caused the pressure to go to 0. -Tad
  4. N

Novice here with deep well questions

I'll admit I'm a novice at well issues. I'm pretty competent otherwise though and have been able to gather some information: Location: Northern Virginia 6" casing on a deep well. 550' depth. Pump sits at 480 feet Water was approx 30' from surface at last check. WX-302 tank (86...
  5. N

Temp Power Panel

Background: I have a generator that I'm resurrecting. It's an honest 7500 watt generator with surge a fair bit higher than that. It has a 50A outlet on it's power panel. It isn't running very smoothly now and it has been suggested that I load it down for a few hours and let it work the...
  6. N

Can I replace the control unit on this water softener resin tank?

We've had a rainsoft water softener in the house for at least 20 years now. A few years back the resin tank needed to be replaced, so we had that done. Less than a year after that the control unit expired (it doesn't soften or regenerate, but it does backflush). I had the people out who...
  7. N

Foul odor in laundry room - has lasted at least 4 months...

We had the same kind of problem. It turned out that we had mildew inside the washing machine tub above the water line. I disassembled the machine and cleaned it once, which only cleared the smell for a short time. We ended up replacing it. Might want to lean your head into the washer and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks