Recent content by natalie559

1. natalie559

Plumber installed double sanitary tee in back to back install of eco drakes

Thanks for the info and esp the pictures Jim- very helpful! The plumbers came by yest and I think we're all sorted out now- take a look
  2. natalie559

Thank you all!! Plumber came by this am and looked at everything. His opinion was that the fitting was just fine and wouldn't cause me issues, said the water in that pipe wasn't anything to worry about. I disagree based on what I've read and said that given this great opportunity to do things...
  3. natalie559

The plumber is coming over on Wed am to look at the cut beam and address my concerns on the type of fitting used. If he tells me the fitting is to code and that he installs them without issue would you still have him replace it to a wye fitting based on your experience dealing and reading of...
  4. natalie559

Another issue we had was that after they did the work my husband noticed that they cut into the support beam. He asked the workers about this and they said it was fine, that if they didn't cut more than 50% they didn't need to brace it. My husband was upset saying that it wasn't right so I...
  5. natalie559

This is florida plumbing building codes, http://ecodes.biz/ecodes_support/free_resources/2010Florida/Plumbing/10FL_Plumbing.html These are the chapters- what chapter would I look at to find more info on what you stated? Chapter 1 - Scope and Administration Chapter 2 - Definitions Chapter 3 -...
  6. natalie559

The day he gave me the estimate he suggested the eco drakes. In conversation with his office that week I was debating between eco drakes and drake IIs. The day before install it was verified that I wanted the eco drake for the master, hall bath to be installed once we finished the bathroom, so...
  7. natalie559

Thanks for the info! So are you saying to measure the dotted orange line or the solid orange line in my picture? If the solid then that is likely pretty darn close to 18 inches, the dotted would not be. My husband asked me this am since one toilet crosses over into the other drain line what...
  8. natalie559

This makes me wonder why he stated it was to code so I looked up and found that I think that florida uses international building code which states "Exception: Back-to-back water closet connections to dou- ble sanitary tees shall be permitted where the horizontal developed length between the...
  9. natalie559

The floor will be aprox where the red line is and the water came up to aprox where the blue line is. So are you saying with my lines in mind that you think it will slosh the water but not drain any out? (since the water to me appears to be below the outlet of the toilet)
  10. natalie559

Thanks for the reply. We took the cap off the tube and flushed the other side and water came up the tube to about where the upper part of the elbow meets the straight vertical tube, so there is definitely cross over. . . whether this will cause siphoning of the other bowl we do not know, so...
  11. natalie559

Actually got through to plumber on text, he said they used a 4" cross, it meets code and that they use it all the time without problems, said I could call for a more detailed explanation, I said no need if you say it will work good. . .so hopefully crisis averted, fingers crossed!
  12. natalie559

Carry over question from this thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?56536-HELP-please-replace-wall-hung-or-go-floor-mounted-pictures The plumber installed what looks to me to be a double sanitary tee between the walls, I just was looking through the manual and noticed that is not...
  13. natalie559

HELP please- replace wall hung or go floor mounted?? pictures

I see your point with consumer reports. . .I think given that so many love their eco drakes that that is what I will go with for the master bath install sch for this week. . .I'll put it to the husband test and if it passes we will install same toilet in hall bath, if we feel it leaves more to...
  14. natalie559

Thanks! The plumber didn't actually give me a price on the glenwalls, I was just basing that off online price info I found. I feel more comfortable going to floor toilets now that I see it can be affordable for us to do so. I also found the exact same tile that's in our master bath at a tile...
  15. natalie559

Oh and what should I do with the old wall hungs? I know they have value to the right person. . .but who that person is and where they live who knows. . . He suggested the eco drake cst744EL, I see it is highly reviewed here. Main thing I want to make sure of is that this toilet does have a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks