Recent content by nafterclifen

1. nafterclifen

How long is too long before regeneration?

Next and Down arrow combination worked, thanks Gary!
  2. nafterclifen

Unfortunately, I am not able to adjust the salt dosage per regeneration - can I? If I could, I would set it to use 4lbs and regenerate every 10 days as per your chart. By the way, I noticed that your sizing calculator accounts for 4gpg to treat 1ppm iron but I am treating 1ppm iron with 5gpg...
  3. nafterclifen

I am treating 6gpg of hardness and 1ppm of iron well water with a Marlo CMP-25 combo filter/softener. If I configure the unit to regenerate on demand, it would take approx 18 days to consume 2700 gallons @ current household usage (150 gallons per day) to reach the 30,000 grain capacity. That...
  4. nafterclifen

Master Water Equipment

Thanks for the info, all. Can anyone offer any input or comments on their UV equipment...are they in-line with other manufacturers (e.g. Sterilight, Atlantic UV, etc)? I did a search for replacement bulbs and found a few online options which I found to be positive. What I'm really after is a...
  5. nafterclifen

Master Water Equipment

Gary - page 25 of the MP-MCA model softener manual (see link below) references "WS1" which lead me to believe it was a Clack valve. http://masterwater.com/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/64_MP-MCA-Metered-Softeners-Manual.pdf Is it possible that the electronics are proprietary but the...
  6. nafterclifen

Master Water Equipment

What is everyone's opinion of the brand Master - design, quality, longevity, support, etc? Also, their MP-MCA on-demand unit is said to be build with a Clack valve. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
  7. nafterclifen

Marlo Combo Unit vs Separate Filter and Softener

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't so much looking for validation that the equipment was correct for the application but instead, I was looking for opinions about a (Marlo) combo unit vs separate units. One train of thought is that while a combo unit may save space, if it fails then you...
  8. nafterclifen

Using systems to remove iron and soften water but also to front-end a UV system. Water is being supplied by well. Equipment will either be installed in 4' crawlspace or in closet on 1st floor of house. Water report is below... Iron is .20 mg/L pH is 7.8 Hardness is 6.0
  9. nafterclifen

I'm looking for some help in choosing between the two options below, irregardless of price. Both options include Clack, on demand valves. Please offer any pros/cons or advice if possible. 1. Marlo CMP-25 (filter and softener combo unit containing MID-10 media) 2. Marlo CMP-30K softener and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks