Recent content by myladyfae

1. myladyfae

Service riser needs for an electrical service upgrade?

well the contractor is charging 250 extra to install with conduit. BUT, the more I've thought about the bushes in front and looked at the other houses in the area, the more I feel you are probably right...it's best to just go with the extra. Although I may try to talk him down on the cost for...
  2. myladyfae

it is code compliant, but honestly most homes around here DO have conduit. At least the newer installations do. There seems to be some contention on whether it is a bad idea or not....hopefully a few more people weigh in so I can make a decision with a clear concience!
  3. myladyfae

We are currently looking at upgrading our electrical service into the house. One of our quotes came back and was very reasonable, but had something that made me pause. For the service riser (aerial) he is suggesting we replace the existing pipe and wires with a grey cable...no pipe. Does...
  4. myladyfae

what delta plumbing parts am I missing here?

well I know the faucet is basically just trim except for the cartridge which in this case is 2 function for temp and pressure. The valve is what brings it all together I think. The one I have I believe is multifunction (although i could be wrong!) and would work with a single, dual, or...
  5. myladyfae

what delta plumbing parts am I missing here?

I'm a little confused by all the many options, and I'm not sure I've accounted for everything I need to order for my new shower! I'm putting in: Delta Victorian Monitor 17 Series Tub & Shower Faucet T17455 Chrome Delta Victorian Shower Mount Handshower - Model #: 54513 Chrome Delta...
  6. myladyfae

difference between an americast tub I'd buy at Lowes vs one from a dealer?

I didn't know if it made sense; in fact I kind of suspected not...that's why I posted for advice :) the inspection point is well taken though. I could certainly see where a bulk order going out might not be well inspected. reguardless the dealer in question mentioned nothing about...
  7. myladyfae

it wasn't really the size that had me concerned when I originally posted so much as the quality of the materials used. the dealer I spoke with said that the quality of the americast material used in the cambridge he was offering was of a far superior quality to the princeton I'd be getting at...
  8. myladyfae

thank you terry! that's a great way to think about it for me. I'm not really convinced that I can fit a 32" tub in there...the current tub is 29 I think and only 16 3/4 away from the center of the toilet's rough in. Although bathing would be nice, I doubt the room is really practical for...
  9. myladyfae

my best guess is that the dealer one is American Standard 2460.102.020 Cambridge. At least, I can't find any other 60x32 americast tubs online. he wrote down that it was 16.75 deep and the cambridge is 17.75...but I suspect that was a mistake. The Lowes tub is the American standard...
  10. myladyfae

Porcher Pomezia?

Heh, I feel like I've been staring at toilets for weeks! Unfortunately, one of my biggest problems has really been size...I need to have a round front toilet that is no more than 27 deep and 20 wide. I've found that most of the toto models recommended (at least those that would look ok in a...
  11. myladyfae

Porcher Pomezia?

thanks gary. The repair thread seemed to be focussed on the veneto, which seemed like a very different style of toilet! I did find a dealer that sold them and toto yesterday and he said that they aren't really great at flushing. He suggested the toto promenade and I guess I didnt HATE it...
  12. myladyfae

I was at a bathroom dealer yesterday looking at fixtures. He was trying to convince me that the american standard americast tubs that I could get at Lowes would be of far inferior quality to the american standard americast tub he could sell me there. Now, certainly this sounds...
  13. myladyfae

Porcher Pomezia?

I'm having alot of trouble finding any MaPs ratings, reviews, or other imput on the Porcher Pomezia round front toilet...positive or negative! This particular one is shorter than most of the Toto units I've seen, which would be great for our teensy tiny bathroom. Obviously though, I don't want...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks