Recent content by my3angels

1. M

Breaker Wattage Limits

So the 15 amp breaker should not be increased until confirmation of the wire gage is made? That makes perfect sense, and one of the reasons I wouldn't allow it to be installed was I thought it was designed that way. Thank you for the information.
  2. M

Breaker Wattage Limits

I spoke with an electrician after I'd found this problem and he said these older homes wiring weren't built for microwaves so the breaker will continue to kick until the house is rewired. I believe the breaker for the entire kitchen, the central heat/air, one of the bedrooms, and the laundry...
  3. M

Breaker Wattage Limits

I'm a single mother with three children, so I was looking for a safe quick fix until I could afford an electrician. There are many other problems with the house that weren't found in the original inspection, and this seemed too important for that 'temporary quick fix' he'd suggested.
  4. M

Breaker Wattage Limits

I was worried about the same thing. He seemed irritated when I wouldn't use the 30 he picked up, but I figured better to be safe with my children, then to hurt his feelings.
  5. M

Dishwasher filling with sink water

Thank you for all the help. I got a snake, and cleaned the pipes, but I will block the hose until I can get an air gap installed. Thanks for the reminder about the bleach for sanitizing also.
  6. M

Breaker Wattage Limits

The home I bought 4 years ago has been added onto, but it seems they connected to existing breakers instead of running new conduit and another breaker. If I use more than one appliance in the kitchen, the 15 watt that's installed will kick off. A friend of mine told me just to install a higher...
  7. M

In the meantime, can I drain the dishwasher and plug the drain at the pipe? Will this prevent the sink water from draining into the dishwasher until I can hire a plumber? I can handwash dishes until then, but I don't want to cause more bacteria to build up in the dishwasher until it's fixed...
  8. M

I read a previous post about sink water backing up into the dishwasher, and the suggestion of a 'gap' being installed, but my sink and dishwasher have a little different issue than that post. My sink & dishwasher drain well, but I noticed a sour smell emerging from the dishwasher yesterday...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks