Recent content by MuddlingThru

1. MuddlingThru

Cure Time For CPVC "Glue?"

Thanks for the link. According to them, it will take between 10-30 mins for cure time, depending on ambient temp. I'll go the extra and wait a couple of hours. It does mention "increased cure time for hot water." As to glue vs cement .. yeah .. I actually meant cement but was suffering from...
  2. MuddlingThru

I'm using the Flowguard Gold CPVC glue. I thought maybe a couple of hours, but perhaps I could get by with an hour if I'm running out of time. The reason I'm asking is that I read somewhere recently (can't find it now) someone complaining that he preferred copper over CPVC because he could...
  3. MuddlingThru

I have to add a section of pipe to both my hot and cold lines on Friday for a bathroom remodel. I was wondering what the consensus of all of you experts is as to how long after I glue the new CPVC pipe to the old before I pressure the system back up. Also, would it be any longer for hot than...
  4. MuddlingThru

WMF virus vulnerability

This is amazing to me! Someone finds a MAJOR security flaw that has existed in every Windows version since NT4, creates a patch which is intended to repair the problem until M$ decides to fix it themselves, and then they want to sue him! I understand all about IP and reverse engineering, but...
  5. MuddlingThru

How Do I Run PEX Through Corner Studs?

I will need to run at least 1" PEX through that corner since my main line comes through that wall. Any hope there? I was actually hoping 1-1/4" since I know that would be the same I.D. as 1" copper. I can't afford to have the water volume decrease throughout the house since water flow is...
  6. MuddlingThru

This sounds like a winner, but can I make that tight of a turn with PEX? It seems that I'll have enough wiggle room with 2" holes so that it will be more like an 80- or 85-degree turn. Also, 2" holes would still maintain the structural integrity of the wall wouldn't it? I should add that...
  7. MuddlingThru

I am cutting small access holes at each stud. For the master bath, I have the luxury of cutting on the garage wall. What I can't figure out though is when I get to that corner I need to make a 90-degree turn INSIDE the stud(s). I know PEX is flexible, but it can't make a 90-degree turn (it...
  8. MuddlingThru

Yes. It is an outside corner wall that is sheetrocked and painted (the house is 15 years old) and I would guess the corner is 3 to 5 studs total.
  9. MuddlingThru

As my forum moniker implies, I am trying to "muddle through" a repipe of my home. I am pretty clear on what and how to do everything. I will be using a combination mostly of 1" and 3/4" PEX (some 3/8" of course at the fixtures) and all seems pretty straightforward. However, I am uncertain of how...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks