Recent content by mudcat

1. mudcat

Is there a big differance in a SDS MAX shank and a spline shank on quality?

Is one of these shank styles capable of more heavy duty work or is the shank style the only difference between an SDS MAX and a spline type shank like in a Makita HR4041C rotary hammer.
  2. mudcat

Subfloor type? Thickness? Drywall?

You used 1/4" OSB?? That stuff is like tissue paper for a floor. You should always use a minimum of 3/4" on a subfloor on top of joists.
  3. mudcat

Which is a good Rotary hammer drill to buy for my remodel job?

Wish we could have a contest somewhere..... you drilling fifty 1 1/2" holes in 4inch slab ....all the way through with your Harbor Freight hammer drill, and me with a darn good second hand Hilti or Bosch doin the same...... also chiselling out a 3' x 3' slab section 4" thick with a chisel...
  4. mudcat

No offense intended here but I would not pay 50 cents for any tool made in China form those harbor freight companies...I tried there electric tools before and when you open them up to look inside after you used them for a couple days and they start smoking or just quit entirely...you see that...
  5. mudcat

I need to buy a good used rotary hammer drill for drilling and chiselling a little concrete in my slab for a bath remodel I am undertaking. I found many on **** like, Hilti, Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee..etc. I wanted to get something maybe in the 10 amp range. Is Hilti the best made? Also...
  6. mudcat

Installing LASCO shower stall with Oatey No-Calk drain

The drain pipe can be anything which you recommend me to put..as I am going to cut a hole in the slab to splice in a new pvc connection with a Fernco and new trap to the existing pip under the slab which is cast iron . I can try to take some photos of the spot I will put it in and of the...
  7. mudcat

I do not want a professional doing it and charging me $2000..it is why I am on this forum..to get help from professionals here who done this before. Also you stated "The drain is attached to the trap after setting the stall in place".....How is a person going under a concrete slab to make a...
  8. mudcat

I have a Lasco one piece fiberglass shower stall.....its 32 or 36 inch..regular front walk in type. I need to know how to set this thing on a concrete slab type house. There was an old shower where I want to put it....but it was built crappy and it rotted some wood in back now I have to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks