Recent content by mtbmike

1. mtbmike

Cap on basement toilet rough in

Perfect here's how it looked after. Thanks.
  2. mtbmike

Sluggo, thanks for the ideas. i will take a pic once i get it opened up and reply here.
  3. mtbmike

hi, a question about this plug or cap that I want to remove now that I'm ready to finish the basement bathroom. This caps the toilet line. Do I just cut it out? I am destroying it trying to port it out.
  4. mtbmike

i need a 4 inch subfloor

insulation depot was a great pointer. was a little difficult to get a return call, but once i did, i got 3 inch eps for $4 for 2x8 sheets in perfect condition. couple of questions - there's mention in this thread of gluing the eps to the floor, but i believe i need to use 6 ml poly under...
  5. mtbmike

i need a 4 inch subfloor

thanks both for your ideas, Dana, I can't believe you even gave me a location nearby to check out! i'll be calling them tomorrow and will follow your suggestion... i'll feed back once done. Thanks Again!
  6. mtbmike

i need a 4 inch subfloor

hi, i have a six year old house in Mass with a 2 car garage under. The garage takes up a little more than half the basement area. There is a boiler room and a future bathroom in the other half. Both the boiler room and the bathroom are poured 4 inches higher than the garage floor, code here...
  7. mtbmike

deactivate buderus hot water tank

we are on the town power grid. also, as to my initial question - i'm all set now. Plumber simply disconnected the wire from aquastat to the boiler, and no more call to heat the water. he's just left, waiting for electric tank to heat up now
  8. mtbmike

ok, sorry, i'm not in worcester, i'm next town over (shrewsbury). No gas on my street.
  9. mtbmike

ok, i have the honeywell i mentioned above, and it's connected to an Argo AR861 311 aquastat. the manual is here: http://www.ecrinternational.com/secure/upload/document/1546.pdf the circulator that contols my hot water is wired to terminals GZ2 and HZ2 on page 17. if i disconnect those...
  10. mtbmike

thanks for explaining that. sounds logical that that's what i need to do. i do have the manuals (Buderus G115 cast iron hot water boiler) and the aquastat (Honeywell L8148A) wiring schematic is in there. By comparing to the boiler schematic i believe i can see the leads that need to be removed...
  11. mtbmike

Hi - i have a 6 year old buderus oil fired boiler with a buderus hot water heater installed under it. the hot water heater is broken and needs to be replaced. Warranty is not in effect because the anode rod has never been changed. I'm not interested in replacing with buderus. considered...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks