Recent content by Msisell

1. Msisell

How attach a new shower body valve

That's the exact situation for me... Directions useless. So far I put a stud in horizontally and was going to "zip tie" it in place. I just can't imagine it staying in place otherwise?? Thank you for your input!
  2. Msisell

I could post a picture if I knew how???
  3. Msisell

It sounds simple to do but when I got the new shower kit the valve part does not have flanges with screw holes to attach it. How do I set it in to stay securely?
  4. Msisell

Walls not plumb...

Great thanks! Next question... Do I need to apply silicone or something where the cement board meets the homemade shower pan?
  5. Msisell

Walls not plumb...

We have a concern, we just finished putting the backer board up in our shower and found where the wall meets it is not square. It looks good at bottom corner but as it goes up the back wall must be set back some. The gap in the corner starts from nothing to about an inch at ceiling. Should we...
  6. Msisell

Building shower pan on concrete floor

Thanks! My plan is to do the preslope then a liquid paint on membrane ( aqua defense) then slope. I am not buying any pre made pans... Doing it all custom. Is that what you mean? And The curb is going to be bricks cemented down onto the cement slab and shaped. Is there a height the curb needs...
  7. Msisell

Another question, my PVC drain pipe sticks up approx 3 inches without tile in drain on it yet. It's too hight, how do I decide how much pipe to take off from the start? Again it's a 36x 62 shower floor. Thx!
  8. Msisell

Thank you for you quick response! That reminds me of one other question, so if I am starting on a concrete slab do I still need to do the pre slope on up or do I start at the PVC liner? Also how do I secure the bricks to the cement? Thanks again! Michele
  9. Msisell

Hello! I am so happy to find someone to ask my DIY questions to! So in advance thank you!!! I have decided to tackle a remodel job to our basement bathroom shower. We have already pulled out the old prefab shower and pan( it was all one piece), all inner stud walls removed and now a blank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks