Recent content by mrmedic

1. mrmedic

Pressure switch nipple length??

Thanks a lot guys for the info and tips. This pit is outside about 1o feet from the house. (use to be for a mobile home) I have no basement and the crawlspace is unheated and the pit is below the frost line to keep from freezing so I don't think anything is going to be moved. It only floods if...
  2. mrmedic

Pressure switch nipple length??

Hi guys, Has been a while since I have been on the board. I have a question regarding the length of the 1/4" nipple going to the pump pressure switch. My system is down in an old pit and some times it floods a little. The original nipple for the pressure switch was about 30" long years ago and...
  3. mrmedic

Bathroom venting out of new siding

I did not mean to say to vent it into the soffit. They make a special cover just for a under soffit vent. It vents out each side of the cover. If you have room for the duct in the overhang area they can be pretty easy to install. I have seen no problems at all with these type vent exhaust...
  4. mrmedic

Pesky leak between tank and bowl

I would still think you need the metal washer under the bolt head then the rubber washer so the bolt head does not go thru the rubber washer. As you stated in the post above "I assume it is coming from the tank to bowl gasket" This is where it might be coming from if it only happens when you...
  5. mrmedic

Pesky leak between tank and bowl

Wouldn't this mean that the larger doughnut seal is not set right?
  6. mrmedic

Help! Toto ultramx rocking side to side- does it need to be shimmed?

I have used composite shims available at the big box stores.
  7. mrmedic

Well Problems after 2 years of operation.

Yes I did miss that, My area wells run from 45 to 150 ft. or so. Thanks for the correction.
  8. mrmedic

Well Problems after 2 years of operation.

High grade poly is what most use in my area. That way if you have to lift it out to change a submersible pump you just start walking up the street pulling up the poly. Have changed one pump about four years ago and it made it so much easier then what I have heard the guy's with the ridged pipe...
  9. mrmedic

Bathroom venting out of new siding

I have installed the type that go under the soffit before and I always use ridged 3 or 4" duct work, That way you don't get it sagging. Also you should insulate the duct if you are in a cold climate so it does not sweat and drip in your attic. Ron
  10. mrmedic

Check this Y before I glue it

Here is another washer stand pipe drawing
  11. mrmedic

recessed lighting for suspended ceiling?

This is true but in all the basement remodels I have done we now use the add on spreader bars that hook to the grid. They are available for most recessed lights if they don't already come with them. The reason we started using them even with the stronger tile is that if there is any dampness in...
  12. mrmedic

Under slab sewer line fix in progress... are they doing it right?

I think if you click on the full size picture it does look like a "y" that goes up in the foundation. If this is true where does the pipe go up to that would be in the middle of the cement wall?
  13. mrmedic

Water Heater Rust

Thanks for the info guys, I will give these a try. Also "ballvalve", Thanks for the links. That is some great info. I guess the tank I have is either glass or porcelain lined so I don't think it is the tank rusting it just might be from the old high iron well water that was running though it...
  14. mrmedic

Water Heater Rust

Hi all, I have had a electric 28 gallon lowboy water heater that was disconnected and empty about two years at my beach house and now I have been flushing it with fresh water and was wondering if the rusty water I am seeing will ever get clear. It has almost cleared up but does not seem to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks