Recent content by Mouse

1. Mouse

Ignition controller flicking at random

Yeah -- I don't think it's that either after reading up on it. I drained out all the water from the unit, refilled it and everything is working fine now. So, I don't want to mess with it if it's working (kids and wife have to take showers tonight). What I may try doing is replacing the Ignition...
  2. Mouse

Well, I was using them as reference numbers so Reach4 could find them quicker. I wasn't going on google searching "water heater part #3"
  3. Mouse

You are definitely right that it's not the Blower Vacuum Switch that I originally thought. I turn it all on, everything is working, i pull the rubber tube and everything turns off. I put the rubber tube back and everything kicks back on. Now I am leaning towards a bad thermostat since it...
  4. Mouse

OK -- i'll go try that. But, I don't know what part the flame detection would be in/around? I don't have the manual and can't find one online, but it does have a schematic:
  5. Mouse

Thanks for your feedback. I think the heater was installed in/around 1995-1998, so it's up there :) There are no lights to check. I am leaning towards your idea about the sensor that checks for blockage. I am going to assume it's the big round thing that the rubber hose attaches to? This thing:
  6. Mouse

Hi everyone... I have an extremely old gas water heater. So, I know the first thing a lot of you are going to say is "Replace it", ... Easier said than done since I don't have the cash for that right now. So I'd rather just fix it even if it's just temporary. Here is what's happening: Turn...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks