Recent content by moresun

1. M

Connecting existing Pex A to Pex B to add circulating pump.

yeah i was going to go with this one: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Grundfos-99412493-UP10-16-Hot-Water-Recirculating-Temperature-Pump-1-1-4-Union looks like the check valve is removable. but might go with this one and also looking at the Taco 003...
  2. M

I'm struggling to find the right pump. Is there one you can suggest that doesn't have a check valve? I really appreciate your time.
  3. M

Got it. The pump has an internal check valve, should i still install the spring loaded check valve or is that an over kill/cause issues? Also, is this the boiler drain HERE?
  4. M

The check valve? Nip, check valve, tee, boiler drain?
  5. M

Haha. tiny fittings indeed. It makes sense but curious, does the manufacturer approves such a method? Voids warranty?
  6. M

Thank you for the reply. I'm adding a check valve to the on the cold water inlet and will be using the Pex A to Pex B which is my concern.
  7. M

Hello, I'm adding a circulating pump to a dedicated loop line that is Pex A. I don't have the expansion tool so would like to use steel rings since I have the tool for that. My question, since Pex B fittings are smaller in diameter, will the flow restriction be noticeable? Thank you.
  8. M

Recirculating pump add

Thank you, John. What's better about using the drain?
  9. M

Recirculating pump add

Hello All, I'm trying to add a recirculating pump to my water heater. Dedicated return line already there from builder. Is my placement in the picture below look correct? Am I missing anything? Also, is better or don't matter if I use the cold supply or tank drain to tie the return to? Thank you!