Recent content by mooker82

1. M

Washing machine plumbing question

A sticking aav valve is a concern. There were never any problems with draining even with the unvented drain. The washer is a front load and high efficiency so it's not a ton of water. The drain will be placed above the height of the washer to help some with drainage. I can not figure out how...
  2. M

The previous washer location was under windows. The line was cut to install french doors. The only line connecting to the vent is the kitchen sink. The new location is in an area that has a ceiling lower than the attic so connecting to the kitchen vent is not possible.
  3. M

Here are some additional pictures. One show the setup I am thinking of using. I would like to vent to the outside but a aav valve may have to be used. The others show the underside of the house. This is the last drain into the line. The vented kitchen sink drain hits the pipe about 2 feet away...
  4. M

What would be the thoughts on adding a AAV? This was the suggestion by a plumber at the distributor when I was picking up supplies. He also suggested that I could run the stack up 42" and not through the roof as long as the pipe is exposed? Is this true?
  5. M

Thanks. So I definitely have to add a vent. Should 1.5" pvc be sufficient? It's funny we never had any problems with this for 4 years. We move the washer and I start googling and it looks like it was never done correctly despite using a licensed plumber and having it inspected. Now I want to...
  6. M

Mine looks like this but without the vent. The new line drops under the house and then connects into the 2" drain line that the sink also ties into.
  7. M

Our washer and dryer were previously in the kitchen. I installed french doors and am moving the washer and dryer to the new laundry area about 8 feet away in a closet. I have the hot and cold lines ran which are pex. My question is with the drain pipe and venting. I planned to copy the p...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks