Recent content by monkeyshine

1. monkeyshine

Connecting air duct to air register

This is the original air duct (similar from another room) Any ideas guys?
  2. monkeyshine

Connecting air duct to air register

Good evening all - Sorry for the rookie question, but I've come across an issue with my air duct to air register which I was hoping the pros on the site could please answer. More than likely a very simple answer. I currently have this set up which is a 7+" OD (OD is just a hair over 7" -...
  3. monkeyshine

Dreaded cast iron retrofit or removal?

That is a very good question because I also don't know how it's connected b/c they are on opposite sides of the room, but I'll have a look at the shower side when I get home. Fortunately, I have easy access to find that out. Quick question however - you mentioned that you still don't know how...
  4. monkeyshine

Hi HJ - if I said gas water heater, I apologize. Should've read "gas heater" which is the little firebox to the far left in the last photo. I'm going to cap it off up in the attic b/c I'll use that space for the toilet (hopefully).
  5. monkeyshine

Hi Cacher, you are correct. This might be a better view to give you guys perspective. The stack goes directly up from behind the toilet and the galvanized pipe tee's into the sink. The toilet will go over 3' (where the gas heater in the photo is) and back 2'. This was taken from my shower...
  6. monkeyshine

Trust me, I'm open to suggestions WJ b/c aside of changing out toilets, fixtures and the occasional copper water lines, I'm quite a novice when it comes to cast iron removal etc. I have pretty much every tool under the sun, but the mechanics are what I'm struggling with unfortunately. I...
  7. monkeyshine

Hi WJ - so if I'm within the 6' bubble, I should be alright then correct? There are no obstructions (thankfully) that I have to worry about as the space I'm looking at relocating the toilet to is literally a 4' x 4' void which was probably a closet at one time or something.
  8. monkeyshine

Yep, no loops would be necessary because it's a straight (and flat) run. At the very least, couldn't I drop the receiving drain to compensate for the 1/4" downward slope or is that out of the question? I appreciate your patience as I'm just trying to get my head around the whole project. Do...
  9. monkeyshine

Hi Jad - will this suffice do you think? Obviously artwork is not my calling :D My photos from the initial post probably make a bit more sense now. Your ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!
  10. monkeyshine

Hi Jad - thanks for the reply. I hear you about CI being dangerous. I've read a few of your other posts actually regarding U-bolting it for added support. I certainly don't want that falling on my hands or foot so I'll be sure to be careful if it does in fact come to that. This is...
  11. monkeyshine

Happy Super Bowl Sunday to everyone and thanks for allowing me to be part of your forum. I have an older 1950's home where the vent and drain lines were made of cast iron. I'm looking to relocate my current toilet as I have a spacious void in which I can take advantage of to install the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks