Recent content by Mobster

1. Mobster

Sumersable Pump Replaced but same reults as old pump.

Gary, I offered to pay him for his labor and notified him of the check valve and his reply was, "Since you have knowledge of wells, I will come and remove my new pump, but I WILL NOT RE-INSTALL YOUR OLD PUMP and we'll call it a wash. And that is exactly what he did. He was in such a hurry...
  2. Mobster

Funny thing and final post. Thank You Gary for the pointer about the check valve, good eye! Once that was removed, I instantly gained better flow to compensate for the loss of pressure upstairs. The funny thing is, when the well guy left, with tape all over the yard and pipe strewn across...
  3. Mobster

Ok, removing the check valve improved the pressure at the shower while other faucets were running. I won't say it cured the problem but it definitely improved. I called the well guy to come get his pump because I felt uncomfortable having another plumber come to my house and he replied, I...
  4. Mobster

Gary, Yes. the minute I canceled the check, I called him to come get his pump / or repair the problem. He said he was going to send a plumber out to check my system. I will try the check valve tonight and let you know if there was and change there. valveman, I like your numbers...
  5. Mobster

You're way off base. I agreed to his answer to my problem which was a "solution to my pressure issue". Again, I hired him for his "professional solution" to my problem NOT to replace my pump. Frankly, any moron could have walked in guessed the solution he did. I am not a driller and I...
  6. Mobster

Let's get one thing straight here. I am not trying to get out of paying the guy. I will pay him for his services when he give me the the answer to the reason I called him. I didn't call him to "replace my pump" I called him and specifically noted the issue of no pressure when someone else...
  7. Mobster

I could call this guy's brother who is also in well drilling. The guy that recently did my work told me how his brother, whom he affectionately referred to as "that idiot" are on non speaking terms because of some inheritance issue with the family business. I have had his brother do work for...
  8. Mobster

The only galvanized is right at the tank assembly.
  9. Mobster

I don't have the specs on the well when it was drilled. I have only been at this house for 2 weeks.
  10. Mobster

Well.. It's not really clear but, here's a video of the pressure gauge with the valve from directly at the pressure tank turned all the way on. The gauge slowly loses pressure and steadily lost pressure until it stopped right around 29 psi after 4 minutes of video...
  11. Mobster

I'm assuming you guys would like to see the gauge as I run the system for a while? I can tell you there is pretty good pressure at the source but with the valve open, the pump steadily loses pressure. Not a lot but it does go down slowly. I'll post another video.
  12. Mobster

Here is a video demonstrating the problem. Excuse my poor video skills, messy house, audio and narration ;) but, I wanted to demonstrate the issue I am having. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjsYnl0_cWE Keep in mind, there are two bathrooms upstairs and the open sink valves I'm...
  13. Mobster

I just got off the phone with Gary (Thanks Gary! A fine man I might add). Gary did ask me what type of valves I had in the house and they are gate valve I believe. Actually, a few of them are frozen. I replaced the main with a ball valve wondering if that was the problem and Gary advised...
  14. Mobster

I have removed the main filter, I have removed all filters in my sinks and replaced them. By the way my well is 160' deep. The kick on kick off setting were originally set at 15 on and 40 off when we moved in. It was terrible, I bumped it up to 40/60 and my pressure got a tiny bit better...
  15. Mobster

The check was written for a "service". The service I hired him for was not complete. So payment isn't due. I'm not looking for free anything, I just believe he should have run a few tests before assuming the problem was the pump immediately. With two faucets running in the basement, even...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks